Options

Network+ Fundamentals (header, packet, frame, etc.)

MpstylerMpstyler Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey everyone. I just went through a Network+ Bootcamp. I've learned an amazing amount of information, but I'm stuck on some of the basic fundamentals.

Looking at the TCP/IP Model and how encapsulation/decapsulation occurs, I'm stuck on key terms. What is a header, packet, frame, etc.? My textbook doesn't go into detail about these terms either.

I'm wondering if there is an article or a video you good folks would recommend that would go into detail about how all these variables work together. I hope I'm making sense. I'm tried using my google-fu to the best of my ability, but am coming up short.

Thanks a bunch.

Comments

• Options
    tmcgtmcg Banned Posts: 127
    Try professor messer Network+ videos. You can few them on YouTube for free and they cover the full course content.
  • Options
    MpstylerMpstyler Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've been using Professor Messer's video's and his n10-005 and n10-006 content. Ironically, his 006 content seems a lot more diluted than the 005. I actually was looking at his TCP/IP Suite video and Encapsulation/Decapsulation videos, but it doesn't breakdown those incremental terms like I discussed above. Not many places do.

And that's why I'm here :P