801 Pass

Arnie335Arnie335 Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
Scored an 841/900. The exam was not that difficult however the wording of the questions isn't always straight forward and could leave you scratching your head at times. I'm a little annoyed that I memorized so many details that weren't even touched upon on the test, but I always seem to do that. Rather know it and not need it, than not know it and need it. Anyway, for test prep I used the WGU LabSim, Professor Messer vids and partially read the Exam Cram 6th edition. On to 802!

Comments

• fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! I thought 802 was more difficult because you have to know Windows versions and that's kinda... icon_lol.gif
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • Arnie335Arnie335 Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks, fuz1on. You and many others seem to agree that 802 is more difficult. Any tips on studying for this one?
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Windows versions, upgrade paths and basic Windows navigation; plus, best practices for help desk troubleshooting.
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Arnie335 wrote:
    snip.... I'm a little annoyed that I memorized so many details that weren't even touched upon on the test, but I always seem to do that....

Well congratulations!

However take care in your comment above. It is all too similar to the folks who merely want a certificate in hand and don't really care that it matters. The point of this and the other certification exams is to do a dipstick test of ones knowledge to assess proficiency. The exams are more than 'x' questions that everyone should know...if one cares to call themselves a professional, than there should be no fear of any topic in the given discipline....even what some consider mundane. (why should a tech not 'know' CPU speeds or RAM type how...not knowing those details is like an electrician not being able to change out a light switch).

Nothing worse than working in the field and a co-worker, who is supposed to be your peer, cannot understand simple 'tech' stuff, yet wants to be called your equal...and you and the rest of the team wonder how they even landed the job.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Kopite_21Kopite_21 Member Posts: 194 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Arnie335Arnie335 Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Plantwiz wrote: »
    Well congratulations!

However take care in your comment above. It is all too similar to the folks who merely want a certificate in hand and don't really care that it matters. The point of this and the other certification exams is to do a dipstick test of ones knowledge to assess proficiency. The exams are more than 'x' questions that everyone should know...if one cares to call themselves a professional, than there should be no fear of any topic in the given discipline....even what some consider mundane. (why should a tech not 'know' CPU speeds or RAM type how...not knowing those details is like an electrician not being able to change out a light switch).

Nothing worse than working in the field and a co-worker, who is supposed to be your peer, cannot understand simple 'tech' stuff, yet wants to be called your equal...and you and the rest of the team wonder how they even landed the job.

Thanks Plantwiz - But I don't think you understood my gripe. I studied very hard to memorize all the minutiae and actually wanted that stuff to be on the exam. I never once said that it is not important, which is what you are trying to insinuate.

I said: "I'm a little annoyed that I memorized so many details that weren't even touched upon on the test".

Does that say: "Why did I have to learn all this useless information?"

Exactly.
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • G.O.A.TG.O.A.T Member Posts: 138
    Nice going! How long did it personally take you to study and what is your background in IT?

again congratulations!