a+ exam update, july 2003

bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
i got wind that comptia will soon be setting a date for when questions based on the 2003 objectives of the a+ exam will appear from another website and decided to check with comptia for the official word.

this is the reply i received from tancy stanbery, 31 july 2003:

"CompTIA has not released a launch date for the upgraded A+ exams. We are working diligently at getting a launch date out this week for the 2001 linear exams with unscored items covering the 2003 objectives. We are looking at beginning to mid November for the upgraded A+ exams to launch. Nothing is official yet."

linear exams are not adaptive but traditional exam format.

when i get official notice from comptia i will post it in this thread.
A+ Moderator

Comments

• lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    Reverting to linear BEFORE the 2003 update?

Wow, i guess they are under some industry pressure...
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.
  • ron100ron100 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    bellboy wrote:
    i got wind that comptia will soon be setting a date for when questions based on the 2003 objectives of the a+ exam will appear from another website and decided to check with comptia for the official word.

this is the reply i received from tancy stanbery, 31 july 2003:

"CompTIA has not released a launch date for the upgraded A+ exams. We are working diligently at getting a launch date out this week for the 2001 linear exams with unscored items covering the 2003 objectives. We are looking at beginning to mid November for the upgraded A+ exams to launch. Nothing is official yet."

linear exams are not adaptive but traditional exam format.

when i get official notice from comptia i will post it in this thread.
  • GhentGhent Member Posts: 310
    After quite a bit of searching, I finally found comptia's offical date for the change. I'd heard about 5 different dates in november as the switch over date, but now I know for sure. According to http://www.comptia.org/certification/a/objectives_03.asp the switchover date is 11/26/2003.
    Prais'd be the fathomless universe, for life and joy, and for objects and knowledge curious.' Whalt Whitman
  • markv8markv8 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    im going to take the a+ exam soon, and was wondering if there are any reasons to wait to take the new test. like does it say on the certificate if you pass the old or the new test?
  • Carson_MageCarson_Mage Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    markv8 wrote:
    im going to take the a+ exam soon, and was wondering if there are any reasons to wait to take the new test. like does it say on the certificate if you pass the old or the new test?
    The certificate only shows the date you passed.
  • kkraviggakkravigga Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Accordning to CompTia site.. The new test will start being used on Nov 26th of this year..
  • markv8markv8 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    does it say which version you passed on the cirtificat? will employes care wich version you passes?