Options

Cism endorsement

Momala2525@gmail.comMomala2525@gmail.com Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
It is compulsory to get your boss to acknowledge the CISM or can I ask an independent auditor that I have worked for the last 4 years through company engagements to endorse me because he is a CISM certified.

Comments

• Options
    kinz7879kinz7879 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Any one can certify your work, but you need at least 2 people to verify your experience.
  • Options
    Momala2525@gmail.comMomala2525@gmail.com Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

Just to check do we need to submit the CV or fill up the checklist with 2 people. From the link below, it requires only 1 person. Please advise where does it indicate we need to have 2 people,

| CISM Certification - Online Application

Also, after you passed the exam, if you don't apply for CISM immediately, how long can you delay before you start the endorsement if there is no urgent need to have the certificate. Just curious?
  • Options
    Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I printed out the form and got my manager to sign in August. Some of us were endorsed quite some time back, so the process and requirements may have changed.

Suggest you refer to instructions at Apply for CISM Certification and ask ISACA directly if any questions. For example, this was from the link.
    To qualify for CISM certification, a completed application must be submitted within 5 years from the date of initially passing the examination
  • Options
    wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You only need 1 person to endorse you and confirm your experience.

After passing the exam you have upto 5 years after passing the exam to apply for certification, but do it as soon as possible because the process takes several weeks, and you may be selected for an Audit which will make it even longer.

How to Become CISM Certified
    Submit verified evidence of a minimum of five years of information security work experience, with a minimum of three years of information security management work experience in three or more of the job practice analysis areas. The work experience must be gained within the 10-year period preceding the application date for certification or within 5 years from the date of originally passing the exam.
  • Options
    Dan-in-MDDan-in-MD Member Posts: 52 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I can confirm that only one person is needed to verify experience for CISM. I just did a complete search on the PDF application. I had my CISA verified by just one person.