Options

Working for FireEye?

ArabianKnightArabianKnight Member Posts: 278 ■■■□□□□□□□
How hard is it to get a job there? I have heard people say it is like the Google of security and it's pretty hard to get hired with them.

Anyone care to share their opinions on this, is it really that difficult? Has anyone interviewed with them?

Comments

• Options
    gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Applied twice, never heard back. Both times, at least according to my own impression, was qualified experience and certs wise.
  • Options
    devilbonesdevilbones Member Posts: 318 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I know a few guys that work for them. What position are you looking at and where?
  • Options
    NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
    The nice thing about being at the top of the security food chain is that you can be highly selective when tons of people are throwing applications at you. It also can kill you because you can't physically respond to everyone and it makes you seem a little pompous.

I know a few people there as well. Don't think it's super hard to get hired (depending on position), but I think they are probably overwhelmed.
  • Options
    ArabianKnightArabianKnight Member Posts: 278 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Looks like the job I wanted went away....o well icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just seeing this now. Please feel free to ask any questions, via PM or here.
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
  • Options
    si20si20 Member Posts: 543 ■■■■■□□□□□
    FireEye are the digital security Gods. I've got about 4 FireEye certs (although i've only got FJSE listed here....too complicated to explain why) and can honestly say that working for them would have you mixing with the most intelligent people in the industry. I don't think it would be *too* hard to get a foot in the door, but you'd need experience of doing the role prior to joining. If you want to join FireEye and you've never touched their hardware/infrastructure, then it's going to be MUCH harder.
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,566 Mod
    Most the positions I see advertised here in Australia are for Sales/PreSales..and some "systems engineers" (that sounds a lot like sales). I'm interested in them as well..
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com