Options

Studied for CEH V8 @ WGU; Now I hear they put V9 Questions :/

2»

Comments

• Options
    IronmanXIronmanX Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So here is my conclusion: IronmanX and Billv are giving misinformation. Either they don't know what they are talking about or they are intentionally trying to downplay the situation and mislead people on this forum probably due to conflict of interest.

I think I'm being trolled here haha.

So much miss information with my name attached I feel I have to feed the *****.

"I've read the posts on this forum. I think 3 (maybe 4) people in the last 24 days have said they passed. One person scored 80%, another 71%, and another who barely passed."
    ^Right and I posted :
    "You are going to see a lot more failed posts right now because people who failed previously would have either just tried again or quit. Right now if you fail you complain about how "stupid/dumb" the exam/organization is. And hey I don't know if I took it and failed if I would not be doing the same thing these others are doing. Its easier to blame someone then own it and try harder."

You give no sources or stats when you say things like "they are seeing around the same pass fail ratio right now.

^Right and I said "They are saying they are seeing around the same pass fail ratio right now. I don't know if they are telling truth or not". I believe it was said somewhere that is was around 70% pass 30% fail. I don't think they would ever release a detailed report of this.

On the other hand, Billv is a representative of EC/CEH. I'm guessing you are a representative of EC/CEH as well.
    Certainly, I can see a reason why you and Billv would give misleading, baseless, and even false information.
    "why you ... would give misleading, baseless, and even false information"
    Nope wrong again.
    Hi Kettle, Your OSINT needs some work.

Ironmanx were saying that because CEH is now certified by ANSI they cannot have more than one version of the exam out at the same time.
    IronmanX are writing about CEH, ANSI, and why they only have one version of the CEH exam out at a time.
    The Comptia - ANSI examples are certainly a contradiction/counterexample to what Ironmanx and Billv are saying.
    ^I never said that. In fact I pointed out that Security + CE overlapped exams last year.

So here is my conclusion: IronmanX and Billv are giving misinformation. Either they don't know what they are talking about or they are intentionally trying to downplay the situation and mislead people on this forum probably due to conflict of interest.
    I think you need to up your reading comprehension. Pretty much all of what you said I said is "misinformation".
  • Options
    GreaterNinjaGreaterNinja Member Posts: 271
    IronmanX wrote: »
    "they didn't do that"
    because there are no CEH version numbered exams.
    I believe this is a must to be ANSI certified.

CompTia does not have version numbers since they have become ANSI certified in 2008 (CASP in 2011)

Microsoft certs are not ANSI certified.
    VMware certs are not ANSI certified.

https://www.ansica.org/wwwversion2/outside/ALLdirectoryListing.asp?menuID=2&prgID=201&status=4

It only takes one counterexample to show that a statement is false.

The source you referenced actually leads to many pieces of contradicting information.

IronmanX wrote: »
    There new security + ce exam says they can change questions with out notice. I take that to mean there wont be new versions of the exam only new questions added to the question pool.

In this case: Security+ CE Exams being able to change questions without notice does not imply that there will not be new versions of Security+ CE exam.

Sorry dude but I think it’s you who lacks reading comprehension and logical reasoning skills.
    I stand by what I said. You are giving out misinformation.
  • Options
    IronmanXIronmanX Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It only takes one counterexample to show that a statement is false.

I'm not sure what statement of mine is false.
    I am not sure how I am giving out misinformation. I'm just some internet joe blow discussing tech exams and I believe I have done so objectively. You seem to think I have ulterior motives like working/volunteering for EC Council, I do not.

M$ and VMware are not ANSI certified so we can't compare to them. A lot of people want these ANSI exams for government work.

CompTia does not have version numbered Certificates but the exams are version numbered on Pearson Vue. The CompTia exam vouchers are not version numbered (maybe they where in the past I don't know).

CEH v8 is the real name of the ANSI certificate just like Security + CE is the real name of the CompTia cert. This seems like a mistake on EC Councils part. Looks like Comptia had some foresight and EC Council did not.
    CEH exams where labeled 312-50v8 at Pearson Vue until mid October at other testing Centres the exam code was just 312-50. EC Council I believe is saying this was a mistake on Pearson Vues part.

CEH course naming also compounds the confusion. They named the course the same as the exam until version 9. CompTia just calls their course security +. I believe this is just marketing. I believe EC Council gets many people who take the CEH course with out any intention of sitting for the exam, so they are able to sell the training to some one more then once if they say the course has changed.

This is confusing and EC Council has made it more confusing by having their ANSI cert named CEH v8 with the understanding that from V8 forward the cert will just be displayed as "CEH"..... Then they go and change their course name to v9 and Pearson Vue drops the v8 from their exam code and its a big confusing mess haha. Hopefully posts like mine help people.

I did my exam in March and got questions way out of left field.
    As such I believe EC Council when they say the amount of people passing and failing has not changed. I would take a heartbleed or a shellshock question over many of the questions I got asked haha.

Both exams must stay relevant and new questions will be added, without notice, you are suppose to be in the field to hold the cert:
    Some one posted a link to this on the forum a little while ago:
    Starting an InfoSec Career
    http://tisiphone.net/2015/10/12/starting-an-infosec-career-the-megamix-chapters-1-3/

"​Certifications are a trickier question because there are so many out there, and they serve different purposes depending on the niche field the applicant wishes to get into. I’d consider certifications a ‘nice to have’ for an entry level candidate – they are not likely to tip the balance much in a hiring decision, but they usually don’t hurt. (One exception: Due to the employment requirements and the purpose of the certification, I find it inappropriate when entry level applicants with no experience have [somehow] obtained their ISC2 CISSP ®. The certification is made for people already employed in the field with a number of required years in the field, so it looks a bit fraudulent.)"