Options

IT jobs in Boise, ID

HafssolHafssol Member Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi All,

I've been thinking of moving to Boise and was wondering how hard it is to find an IT job there. I have an AAS degree in Networking and only 14 months of work experience. I've been doing mainly tech support but I've been also getting some hands on experience with vSphere, Windows Server 2008R2, Server 2012R2, and Active Directory. I have CCNA and Network+ certs. I do have a Master's Degree but it's not IT related. I keep checking job ads on Indeed and Craigslist but it seems to me there there is way less options in Boise than where I live at the moment. Excuse me the mistakes in my post but English isn't my first language. Thank you!
Certs: CCNA Cyber Ops, CCNA Routing and Switching, CFR, Sec+, Net+

Comments

• Options
    Matt2Matt2 Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you like the Boise area, then keep looking. And search for companies based there and check out their web sites for opportunities.

That said yes, fewer opportunities there and other more rural areas. I made a huge changing moving from Seattle to Spokane for the right job and to be closer to some family. But I did it knowing that if I ever had to find another job it would be harder to find vs moving back to an area that has more Tech companies.
  • Options
    636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Look up some local/regional recruiters and pick their brains. A free call, and they'll all be more than happy to have another candidate in their pool.
  • Options
    JackaceJackace Member Posts: 335
    Boise is a great place to live, but the job market (including IT) is pretty soft. Many of the bigger companies that existed in this area are gone, and the few that are left have laid off a lot of people over the years. Now I'm not saying there aren't jobs here, but it's not going to be as easy to find a job in Boise as it would places like Seattle, Salt Lake City, Denver, etc.
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Or the DC metro area.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....