Any opinions on the CBT Training Series?

cairtakercairtaker Member Posts: 140
I thought I would try some video on this so I bought a CBT Security+ off of Ebay for 20 bucks. How about some opionions on this training material? What does everyone think about CBT?
To protect and to serve(r)...
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    it depends on whom its mae by

cbt nuggets, learnkey and knowledgenet are deemed the best.. i have looked at career academy and it sucked big time
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • mboyceymboycey Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I downloaded the CBT nuggets 70-270 and to be honest after about 10 minutes of video tutorial from a guy who looked 12 years old and used coral draw pad to do his "piss poor etch a sketch" style diagrams. I had to delete it and use something else. Im ot sure if the same guy does the security exam.
    icon_lol.gif
  • ronorono Member Posts: 121 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've used CBT Nuggets for all my certs.It help me...and the presenters are proffesionals ...it's my opinion;)
    Mess with the best,Die like the rest!
  • JuddJudd Member Posts: 132
    I viewed a few portions of the Network+ 2005 CBT's and I'd say it was decent at best. Some points were dead on and others were much too simple.

What annoyed me were the stories at the beginning of almost every nugget, maybe it was the guy teaching but it got old fast. I might try it again for something I have no experience with.
  • Non-Profit TechieNon-Profit Techie Member Posts: 418 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I dont see why they cost so much. they seem to be just vids of a powerpoint presentation with a guy who explains what we are seeing on the screen. Im sure alot of work goes into em, but i have a hard time learning to much from em. I would never buy em.