Options

Most usefull place for CISSP Practice exams.

ClmClm Member Posts: 444 ■■■■□□□□□□
So I been looking for the best place to take CISSP practice exams that have truly made a difference in you passing your CISSP 2015.

your advice would be greatly appreciated
I find your lack of Cloud Security Disturbing!!!!!!!!!
Connect with me on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/myerscraig

Comments

• Options
    636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    To be totally blunt and provide an entirely useless answer to you - real life is the best place (at least when I took it). I spent a few months studying my butt off for that exam only to sit in there and have maybe 10 total technical questions that were covered by months of studying and about 200 questions that weren't covered anywhere in any of the multiple books or Q&A I reviewed since the questions weren't technical-based. It's been a few years, and I have no doubt the exam has changed since I took it, but when I walked out of that test I was disgusted at myself for all of the wasted time I spent studying. Not so say studying won't help, but the questions aren't the usual clear-cut fact-based best answer out of 4 right answers that you'll find in study guides.
  • Options
    ecuisonecuison Member Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
    To be totally blunt and provide an entirely useless answer to you - real life is the best place (at least when I took it). I spent a few months studying my butt off for that exam only to sit in there and have maybe 10 total technical questions that were covered by months of studying and about 200 questions that weren't covered anywhere in any of the multiple books or Q&A I reviewed since the questions weren't technical-based. It's been a few years, and I have no doubt the exam has changed since I took it, but when I walked out of that test I was disgusted at myself for all of the wasted time I spent studying. Not so say studying won't help, but the questions aren't the usual clear-cut fact-based best answer out of 4 right answers that you'll find in study guides.

I agree 100%! I passed the CISSP on Monday and what you stated is exactly correct. The quiz engines help broaden your knowledge on the topics on the 8 CISSP domains, but those won't help you with the actual questions on the exam. I would say the majority of the questions I answered came from my experience dealing with it in my day to day job responsibilities. There are questions on the exam that are straight knowledge based that you have to know, but even some of those technical questions require you to pull in knowledge from 1 or more CISSP domains to correctly answer the question.

From speaking with colleagues and friends that are currently CISSP certified, all have said and felt what I have felt coming out of the exam, "You feel like you failed the exam regardless of how you actually did."

Good luck with your journey going towards this exam, it's a tough one!
    Accomplishments: B.S. - Business (Information Management) | CISSP | CCSP | TOGAF v9.2 Certified | Security + | Network +
  • Options
    dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□