Average reading speed? Pages per hour.

2»

Comments

• techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I didn't take the R-ALA http://www.amazon.com/Jarrow-Formulas-R-Alpha-Lipoic-Count/dp/B005C99OWO/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8 this weekend and am more alert and headache free. If this persists through next week I think I'm done with it.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    About 7 pages... no lie.. That is the max unless I push it to 15 pages. Reading hasn't really been my strong point lol.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    positve note, either exercise or these nootrpics but I'm now 200 lbs flat at 7% BFI, so it's all mass. now icon_biggrin.gif

Last night I sucessfull did a 450 lb tire lift for a total of 14 lifts in 3 minutes and 42 seconds. I felt like I was going to die afterwards, then I came home and labbed for 4 house. icon_wink.gif
  • bender_fender100bender_fender100 Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    When I'm reading books on my phone because I do have a few of these books on Kindle, I tend to go faster when I do that as opposed to doing them completely on the computer or having a physical copy. It can take me up to two hours to read an entire chapter of Lammle because of just how many different concepts were in each chapter. I'm just giving a rough estimate.
    Working on CCENT and nearly almost there. Retake in December and pass, then after that, study for ICND2 and work on CCNA Security and look into Microsoft certifications. No previous IT certs.

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill
  • VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    JockVSJock wrote: »
    I'm quite skeptical when it comes to these. Alot of these don't fall under FDA guidelines when they are manufactured, so I don't want to be putting pills made in Communist China with slave labor where industrial waste and lead is produced.

After reading a few of Deathmage's posts talking about nootropics enhancing his studying skill, I decided to look into them. Unfortunately, there isn't much research into long term effects of nootropics, which makes me hesitant to take these kind of supplements. If you do end up using them it is recommended to only use them in cycles to lessen any potential long term side effects.

@TheFORCE - I used to read technical books quite fast, maybe 100 pages in an hour or two, getting a semi-understanding of whatever I was reading. However, I ended up failing multiple exams thinking I absorbed everything I read the first time. Now I read technical books because I like to fully understand what I'm reading. I usually end up going back over pages multiple times after/during labbing.
    Verities wrote: »
    After reading a few of Deathmage's posts talking about nootropics enhancing his studying skill, I decided to look into them. Unfortunately, there isn't much research into long term effects of nootropics, which makes me hesitant to take these kind of supplements. If you do end up using them it is recommended to only use them in cycles to lessen any potential long term side effects.

@TheFORCE - I used to read technical books quite fast, maybe 100 pages in an hour or two, getting a semi-understanding of whatever I was reading. However, I ended up failing multiple exams thinking I absorbed everything I read the first time. Now I read technical books because I like to fully understand what I'm reading. I usually end up going back over pages multiple times after/during labbing.

I haven't started Ascension yet so I think Daniel Jackson still had one leg up on me at this point. ;) ... Anubis is still being a thorn in my side. icon_razz.gif

Once I do I let you know if the there are any long-term side affects, haven't seen any yet. icon_wink.gif
  • techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm pretty sure 100mg of R-ALA daily contributes to my headaches lately. I haven't taken any this week and I've only had one small headache. I started Bio Energy, aka L-Thianine+Caffeine today and I definitely feel a bit more energetic even if it was a slow day at work and raining.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
  • VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    Deathmage wrote: »
    I haven't started Ascension yet so I think Daniel Jackson still had one leg up on me at this point. ;) ... Anubis is still being a thorn in my side. icon_razz.gif

Once I do I let you know if the there are any long-term side affects, haven't seen any yet. icon_wink.gif

Lol...????
    techfiend wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure 100mg of R-ALA daily contributes to my headaches lately. I haven't taken any this week and I've only had one small headache. I started Bio Energy, aka L-Thianine+Caffeine today and I definitely feel a bit more energetic even if it was a slow day at work and raining.

One thing everyone needs to realize is that these nootropics are water-soluble, meaning since your brain has mostly water in it, when you take nootropics you really need to stay hydrated and this included potassium and sodium intake levels since potassium and sodium are required for proper heart function.

This is the reason your having headaches, if you read the bottles they do say to stay hydrated. :)
    Verities wrote: »
    Lol...????

Guess I'm the only mega nerd that used to watch Stargate SG-1 religiously. icon_razz.gif