Options

CISSP: Mission Complete

bhalldibhalldi Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Today, I passed the CISSP exam. The exam was significantly brutal, tiresome, and frustrating. Like some have posted up here, "it's a marathon and not a sprint". It took me essentially 5 hrs and 45 mins to complete the whole exam. I think I flagged roughly 70-75 questions. If I didn't know the answer within 45 seconds, I moved on. After completing the first round, I started back from question 1 and worked my way to the end. I'd recommend to the ones currently studying to understand not only the concepts, but how they are implemented within the business environment from a CIA standpoint. When I finished, I wasn't sure whether I passed or failed and I had no idea what 25 questions were throw away questions so I answered everyone using the process of reasoning and deduction. Overall, I studied for roughly three months and really clamped down the last three weeks (no tv, music, life), but it was definitely worth it. My training regimen consisted of the following:

Shon Harris AIO - Didn't read it cover to cover, but picked out information and took notes on items I were unsure about.
Eric Conrad 2nd Edition - Didn't read cover to cover, but used it to supplement the AIO guide.
Cybrary Videos/Mp3s - Listened to it to and from work and watched the videos once I got home.
Cccure - Started taking questions the last two weeks prior to the exam to gauge weaknesses.

Comments

• Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! Thanks for listing your training for this exam, it is helpful to those who want the CISSP as their future opponent.
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The books you use did not cover new 2015 domains; you probably had difficulties with new topics such as cloud computing.

Congrats!
  • Options
    vidrinevidrine Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    bhalldibhalldi Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks a lot guys. Reading these forums have helped immensely. @Mike7, I really didn't have a problem with cloud computing. I currently work for DoD (Risk Management) and applied those concepts with a little research on cloud topics/third party risk management to bridge the gap between the old/new domains. You're correct though, an aspiring candidate can use those guides and find other reputable resources to understand cloud computing.
  • Options
    g33k3rg33k3r Member Posts: 249 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    camerono808camerono808 Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    clarkincnetclarkincnet Member Posts: 256 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wonderful!
    Give a hacker an exploit, and they will have access for a day, BUT teach them to phish, and they will have access for the rest of their lives!

Have: CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, ITIL-F
  • Options
    cledford3cledford3 Member Posts: 66 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What Cybrary MP3s? I didn't know there were any.

Thanks!

-Calvin
  • Options
    ic3scrap3ric3scrap3r Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! This is definitely an accomplishment of which you can be proud!
  • Options
    IaHawkIaHawk Member Posts: 188 ■■■□□□□□□□
    cledford3 wrote: »
    What Cybrary MP3s? I didn't know there were any.

Thanks!

-Calvin

I'm not sure if you have to be logged in or not, but when you click on the CISSP course the MP3s are listed under "Recommended Additional Study Material" on the right hand side.
  • Options
    cledford3cledford3 Member Posts: 66 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Found them - thanks! Huge Help!
  • Options
    mahemahe Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□