Options

FIN: CISSP Success!

camerono808camerono808 Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
Took an ISC2 2-week bootcamp... there is no way in hell someone is going to pass with that limited amount of time. For those of you who are thinking of attending one, make sure you have spent a good amount of time, 2-3 months, reviewing and UNDERSTANDING the material suggested on these forums icon_study.gif. I used the following material on my journey:

Shon Harris MP3's: (9/10) While it doesn't cover some of the most recent topics, these helped drive the material into my long term memory. Listened to them on my drives to/from work and while I worked out.

CCCure Paid Version (8/10): This was an amazing resource. For those of you who think otherwise, I really hope you're not expecting the questions to be on the test. What it did provide is a thorough explanation, with references, on area's that I was seriously lacking. I believe I plowed through 2000+ questions.

Official CBK - 8 domains (3/10): You really need to pull the new topics out of this book, research them on the side, and then buy another book. This book is HORRIBLY put together. The grammar is appalling, and on a couple of occasions, I found the end of chapter questions/answers to be COMPLETELY WRONG--how the f**k does that happen?!?! The editor needs to be fired.

11th Hour (??/10): Bought it, didn't use it.

CISSP Study Guide 2nd Edition, Eric Conrad (9/10): Well written. Read this book from back-to-front before the boot camp. Would definitely suggest picking up the 8-domain edition scheduled to release quite soon.

As for the test, it wasn't as difficult as most people make it out to be. You have to prepare to a point where you know how these concepts would be implemented in real world scenarios--according to ISC2, and try not to dig too far into the weeds with the technical stuff! I spent many restless nights for a handful of questions... fml. Oh well, on to the next one!

Comments

• Options
    Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Oh well, on to the next one!

Congrats!

So what's next?
  • Options
    g33k3rg33k3r Member Posts: 249 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and great insight!
  • Options
    camerono808camerono808 Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
    GCIH looks like fun!
  • Options
    bhalldibhalldi Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    clarkincnetclarkincnet Member Posts: 256 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Give a hacker an exploit, and they will have access for a day, BUT teach them to phish, and they will have access for the rest of their lives!

Have: CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, ITIL-F
  • Options
    Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    GCIH looks like fun!
    Yup. I probably will try this next year.
    I look forward to your GCIH review.
  • Options
    dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    well done.congrat. great write-up
  • Options
    ic3scrap3ric3scrap3r Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! This is definitely an accomplishment of which you can be proud!