Options

Study Advice

byron66byron66 Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
Can anyone offer any advice on how to study for the 70-410? I don't have any experience with servers but I have a computer I can lab with. I have 2012 R2 installed and the MOAC for 70-410.
CCNA   A+   N+  Sec+

Comments

• Options
    ed_003ed_003 Member Posts: 216
    read, read.. lab what u read.. practice exam !
  • Options
    LexluetharLexluethar Member Posts: 516
    Know the material forwards and backwards.

Reading is great but actually working in a lab setting and work with the OS as much as possible. These exams are no joke and if you have zero experience with server OS. Realize these exams MS expects the test taker to have 2 to 3 years experience in server OS. You can definitely pass the exam w/o job specific experience just takes more studying (I passed my first two MCSA exams before i landed my first system engineer job).
  • Options
    Hoss612Hoss612 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The best thing you can do is make certain you know the material. The more practical experience, the better.
  • Options
    Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well I think even if you don't work on server doing the labs help. I know for me I worked on some server but not a every day thing. I take my exam later on this month.
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • Options
    byron66byron66 Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the advice. Do you know where I can find practice labs?
    CCNA   A+   N+  Sec+
  • Options
    poolmanjimpoolmanjim Member Posts: 285 ■■■□□□□□□□
    There are a few resources out there for practice labs. I think a lot of us have computers that we run a few virtual machines on and we just try to lab the objectives for the exams. If that isn't an option for you there are some online options.

Technet Virtual Labs (Free) - https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/virtuallabs/bb467605.aspx
    These tend to be spotty as far as what objectives they have that can be labbed. I have used them a few times and they are okay.

Boson Practice Labs (Pay) - Online Practice Labs
    I've used these to lab some of the more complicated objectives with the 70-412. I find them to be straight forward and relatively informative. Also the lab software is very easy to use.
    2019 Goals: Security+
    2020 Goals: 70-744, Azure
    Completed: MCSA 2012 (01/2016), MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (07/2017), MCSA 2017 (09/2017)
    Future Goals: CISSP, CCENT