Options

Ccent vs ccna cs ccna security

chanpwellerchanpweller Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Sorry if this doesn't belong here This is my third post lol.

Anywho, I have been thinking about getting the CCENT, CCNA (or the sec side). The only reason I am considering getting CCNA sec is because it will renew my sec+ that I have received this year.

Basically I would like a little guidance of which path I should take between the three.

my boss bought this for me to use
CCNA & CCNA Security Standard Combo Kit - CertificationKits

He also bought the workbooks dvds and elabs. Basically I can only use the equpiment to study when I'm at work but when I am at home I have literally everything else, I have all the IOS images in bin format and all the dvds and ebooks copied onto my home PC.

I honestly feel like I could run all the IOS images on my PC maybe even the whole lab but I have zero experience doing this.

WIN 10 PRO 64x
32GB RAM
AMD 8 core FX-8350 processor 4.0Ghz
OS drives 2x PNY 120GB SSD's raid 0
1TB WD black storage drive
Corsair 850 watt PSU

As far as my real life experience I have A+ N+ and S+. I have worked at a Managed Service Provider helpdesk for 3 years. Basically you can outsource your IT dept to the company I work for. I have worked 1 year at the PC repair bench, and 2 years working the helpdesk doing remote and onsite calls. I don't do any configuration of servers or cisco switches. I do the installs onsite of the enterprise equipment when they have been configured. This includes Servers, Routers, and Switches, POE cameras. I do have experience with administration of these equipment, I do tier1 administration of AD and exchange. Basic new users,password resets, reboots, Disaster recovery and AV monitoring. I have experience with cisco GUI products, i have no clue anything CLI.
I do get to do some configuration of equipment like wireless AP's, New PC's SOHO equipment, printers. We have 30 customers who have anywhere between 10-1000 PC's. I hope this is a good view of my experince and what I am ready for. Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments