Options

What's up with the new A+ certificate and wallet card ?

certificationjourney [bancertificationjourney [ban Inactive Imported Users Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just got mine in the mail and it looks and feels very cheap. But that's not what matters anyway. The wallet card is made out of thin paper, you could just tear it off.

Comments

• Options
    namanama Member Posts: 187
    OMG!! This is surprising indeed.
  • Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think you get a better card if you become a CompTIA member.
  • Options
    namanama Member Posts: 187
    TeKniques wrote:
    how much must pay and what benefits we will get if join member?
  • Options
    certificationjourney [bancertificationjourney [ban Inactive Imported Users Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    TeKniques wrote:

To be a comptia member, you need to run or own some sort of business.
  • Options
    sartsart Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Stuff it in a drawer. Do you really need to carry it around? (Yeah, it feels a bit cheap especially considering how expensive the exams are...)
    -network analyst
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    You could laminate it. That would be a bit sturdier. I don't know of any reason to carry it, unless you may need sometime to know your CompTIA ID number.

But, when you're certified, you can log into the Professional's site and have the real proof of passing published to an employer or potential employer. That can't be imitated or made cheap.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    First off, laminate your cards. Second, CompTIA members do get a thick plastic card with all of their certs on it. They are good for 1-2 years depending on how you join. You also get a lapel pin for one of your certs.
  • Options
    jamesisonlinejamesisonline Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    what does the wall certificate look like? i'm still waiting for mine in the mail. does it look worthy enough for the wall?
    "Adaptation means not clinging to fixed methods, but changing appropriately according to events, acting as is suitable."
    -Zhang Yu
  • Options
    squawk1500squawk1500 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    what does the wall certificate look like? i'm still waiting for mine in the mail. does it look worthy enough for the wall?

I would say it looks like crap. CompTIA changed their certs and cards and now they look very cheap. Before they changed it they looked very nice. My Net+ cert looks better than my cisco cert.
  • Options
    elathropelathrop Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You can get a Doctorate from Yale and will still look like a cheap piece of paper if you look at it that way. Some people think that a County's flag is just a piece of cloth and other people will proudly die to preserve it. Other people tell us that a human being is just a bunch of chemicals, but I disagree.

It isn't the paper; it's the certification that matters. I received my A+ in the mail recently and I'm proud of it. To me it looks great.
    Webmaster for calendardaze.com ezcalculator.com and digitizedvideo.com
  • Options
    jamesisonlinejamesisonline Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    elathrop wrote:
    You can get a Doctorate from Yale and will still look like a cheap piece of paper if you look at it that way. Some people think that a County's flag is just a piece of cloth and other people will proudly die to preserve it. Other people tell us that a human being is just a bunch of chemicals, but I disagree.

It isn't the paper; it's the certification that matters. I received my A+ in the mail recently and I'm proud of it. To me it looks great.
    i agree with you on the value of the cert. i was just hoping the paper part of it would look decent. i'm proud to have it even without the wall hanger. who knows, maybe a decent frame will help it once it gets to my mailbox.
    "Adaptation means not clinging to fixed methods, but changing appropriately according to events, acting as is suitable."
    -Zhang Yu
  • Options
    zebra-3zebra-3 Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    do you have any pictures of it ? The new wallet cards and certs from Microsoft are looking very cheap too...I could have done better with my Adobe creative suite.
    It's still nice nowadays to carry around this wallet card with you, so you can shut the mouth of all these computer wanabees you meet here and there.
    especially when getting into a conversation with them and when they try to make their point altought their only computer knowledge is from the dell website or from advices of their favorite salesman in PC world.
    don't you agree?????

watch that link for pics of the new MCP welcome kits

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14343
  • Options
    SchizofluxSchizoflux Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've been waiting longer than 8 weeks and my cert stuff still hasn't came in the mail, who do I remind?

thanks
  • Options
    KeferKefer Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    janmike wrote:
    I don't know of any reason to carry it, unless you may need sometime to know your CompTIA ID number.

To impress women. They love computer geeks, or maybe its the money icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Kefer wrote:
    janmike wrote:
    I don't know of any reason to carry it, unless you may need sometime to know your CompTIA ID number.

To impress women. They love computer geeks, or maybe its the money icon_wink.gif

Nah, we're not impressed by a guy carrying a card saying he's got his A+ :P
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    OlajuwonOlajuwon Inactive Imported Users Posts: 356
    Plantwiz wrote:

Nah, we're not impressed by a guy carrying a card saying he's got his A+ :P

Are you a woman? :D
    "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years"
  • Options
    jpeezy55jpeezy55 Member Posts: 255
    [quote=certificationjourney [ban]
    TeKniques wrote:

To be a comptia member, you need to run or own some sort of business.[/quote]

I don't think this is entirely correct...I am a CompTIA IT Pro Member and I don't own or run a business...I just paid the right amount of money and I was in. I got my pin and membership certificate 2 weeks ago and I'm good for 1 year...this is starting my second year since I joined right after I got my A+ Certificate last January 2005. I got an e-mail from them about renewing and so I did...You get some discounts on things, but there is also a Corporate Membership for the big boys (where you do need the business or it costs a lot more, I don't really know). Check it out at www.comptia.org and look for the membership links.
    Tech Support: "Ok, so your monitor is not working, the screen is blank, and no matter what you do it stays blank? Do you see that button on the bottom right hand side just below the screen? Press it. . . . Great, talk to you next time!"
  • Options
    elathropelathrop Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
    “Joey, you’re such a bore. Just go away and leave me alone!”

“You don’t even know me, Karen. Give me a chance.”

“A chance! A chance! You’ve been bothering me for two months. Why don’t you just get lost, Joey? I really can’t stand you!”

“But, why? Why not just one chance?”

“Because, Joey, you have no skills, you have no brains, you have no future and you’re just not the man for me!”

“Not the man! Not the man! I’ll show you who’s not the man! You asked for it and now I’m gonna whip it out!”

“Oh Joey! Oh Joey! Oh Joey! It’s an A+ Certification card! You really are the man after all! Oh Joey! Let’s get a room.

P.S. You should always carry your A+ certification card!
    Webmaster for calendardaze.com ezcalculator.com and digitizedvideo.com
  • Options
    Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
    Haha!! I couldn't have said it better myself...I always joke around about the card too.
    Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University