Options

Best way to study for 70-410 for a busy guy?

Hi everyone,

Wondering what's the best way to study for someone that's very busy at work. I usually work pretty long days and I'm so burnt out at the end of the day. This weekend I'm already burnt because I was traveling for work the past week. What's the best way to really study on a busy schedule?

Comments

• Options
    DojiscalperDojiscalper Member Posts: 266 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'd like to know as well. Work, wife, kids, if I give it all my spare time its one to two hours a day average.
  • Options
    twodogs62twodogs62 Member Posts: 393 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am in same boat. Busy, but wanting to study for this test.
    the only thing I am coming up with is learning in small chunks, but not enough to prep for exam, but maybe I can learn some topics so well that for test I just know somethings.
    i have cbtnuggests, but currently studying another cert currently and hope to complete it by December and even an MTA exam.
  • Options
    bohackbohack Member Posts: 114
    The best way is to schedule it into your busy life. Create a calendar and make sure that you stick to it. This way you can limit other activities and make sure you have time. For me it was Saturday nights with a beer and Sunday's after dinner. When I couldn't do it on a Saturday night I swapped it for a Friday night. The goal is to plan.

NetworkedMinds - http://www.youtube.com/networkedminds
    MCSA / MCSE Educational Channel
  • Options
    anuj_123anuj_123 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey mat do you know what are resources that one should refer to for studying

I mean in terms of books and virtual labs
  • Options
    spongeymspongeym Member Posts: 35 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm creating the time in the evenings after putting the kids to bed & dinner. Manage to grab an hour each evening reading or watching TrainSignal videos, whilst watching the videos, I'm duplicating most of it in my lab which is on a HP Microserver. I've stuck TeamViewer on it so I can login from work when I've got some downtime.

My family know how important this is to me so have allowed me the time to be unsociable so that I can get some study hours in, particularly at weekends.
  • Options
    Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I feel you guys. I have work, then working out then family when i get home. If I take out the workout i get tired and lazy on doing anything. For me when i get home after my workout, i wait for about 1 hr after everyone is going to bed. Then i get to work and stay up late till 11 or 12am. At work i get some time down time. Like right now I have a lot of down time been reading my book, and doing my lab on my laptop.

It's hard to study and remember everything with your mind flying all over the place. My exam is this week so i'm trying to get as much as possible before the exam. I will be watching the videos tonight and tomorrow since they are short. I'm praying to pass this time around, and feel good about it.
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • Options
    getafix`getafix` Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yip, I am in the same boat. I have set aside 1-2 hours per night and have cut out my evening activities. Am 42 years old and need this cert to assist in emigration.
    Fortunately I have the support of my family as they know the importance if this.

Just trying to figure out the best learning methods and what material to use as to optimize my limited time. Bought the book Exam Ref 70-410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012: Craig Zacker: 9780735673168: Amazon.com: Books
    Also setup up a dedicated machine for installation and lab work. Have a windows 10 laptop that I use for online material and vids.

Any other ideas and material you think I/we need?

My plan is to complete MCSA and then MCSE (completed MCSE in 1999 - NT4.0)

Cheers
  • Options
    Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    getafix` wrote: »
    Yip, I am in the same boat. I have set aside 1-2 hours per night and have cut out my evening activities. Am 42 years old and need this cert to assist in emigration.
    Fortunately I have the support of my family as they know the importance if this.

Just trying to figure out the best learning methods and what material to use as to optimize my limited time. Bought the book Exam Ref 70-410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012: Craig Zacker: 9780735673168: Amazon.com: Books
    Also setup up a dedicated machine for installation and lab work. Have a windows 10 laptop that I use for online material and vids.

Any other ideas and material you think I/we need?

My plan is to complete MCSA and then MCSE (completed MCSE in 1999 - NT4.0)

Cheers

Try to get yourself other book besides that one. When i first started it really didn't help much. Some material was good but not enough for the exam. Just a thought.
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • Options
    getafix`getafix` Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Louie1277 wrote: »
    Try to get yourself other book besides that one. When i first started it really didn't help much. Some material was good but not enough for the exam. Just a thought.

Thanks Louie. Also bought the eBook Cert Guide by Don Poulton which I am working through. Managed a good 2.5 hours last night.