are these job postings just put up by law?? its a joke

jacktheripper994465221jacktheripper994465221 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
i mean comon......some of these job listings stay up for weeks.... get renewed and stuff... and I nor the many other people who have applied for it ever get a response back.

i heard that for example if a new Pizza Hut is opening up in 3 months that by law the owner has to put a now hiring sign, but they have a full staff because they got every family and friend working there.

i think the same MIGHT go for IT... what do you guys think??

i myself have only got jobs because of who i knew... working with my aunt, working with my uncle, and a store my sister worked at and she knew the manager.

i would say 9/10 friends that i have that have found jobs is because they KNEW someone in the company such as a relative or friend

i rarely ever get calls back, and when i do its the same day and it ends up being the worst job ever. *happened 2 times*

Comments

• strauchrstrauchr Member Posts: 528 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thats how employment works - its who you know not what you know. Got to network to find jobs!

Having that though I have also had no trouble finding work the traditional way - ie through recruitment agencies or job postings.
  • sartsart Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I like the ones where they have 'helpdesk technician' postings that require MCSE and eight years experience in a related role. Who is going to stick around as a helpdesk technican with that much experience? Are they serious? :)
    -network analyst
  • fonduefondue Member Posts: 104
    My current employer as well as most companies post for more jobs then openings. The reason is simple, you can always use more good people, plus the advertisement of company growth is nice. We are extremely picky not settling for the low hanging fruit, instead looking for the MCSE that enjoys help desk or the software engineer capable of banging out algorithyms in his/her sleep. It's alot easier saying NEXT after an interview then you're fired to an employee.

I don't believe it's the law for new companies to post jobs but it makes sense. "Hey look at us, we're a new company hiring people from the neighborhood, buy our stuff."

My advice to propective hires and job seekers, do a self analysis. Are you conforming to society? If you have tatoos or piercings cover them up, long hair give it a trim, bad/negitive attitude get positive and do your homework research the company.
  • rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
    fondue wrote:
    My current employer as well as most companies post for more jobs then openings. The reason is simple, you can always use more good people, plus the advertisement of company growth is nice. We are extremely picky not settling for the low hanging fruit, instead looking for the MCSE that enjoys help desk or the software engineer capable of banging out algorithyms in his/her sleep. It's alot easier saying NEXT after an interview then you're fired to an employee.

I don't believe it's the law for new companies to post jobs but it makes sense. "Hey look at us, we're a new company hiring people from the neighborhood, buy our stuff."

My advice to propective hires and job seekers, do a self analysis. Are you conforming to society? If you have tatoos or piercings cover them up, long hair give it a trim, bad/negitive attitude get positive and do your homework research the company.

good point fondue icon_cool.gif
    PHISHING technique nowadays - not only in URL term - but a fact that "job vacancies" - its been implemented by companies to catch what is going on outside the company so they are not left behind icon_confused.gif

in case you guys wondering :
    www.anti-phishing.org
    the More I know, that is more and More I dont know.
  • Random21Random21 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i mean comon......some of these job listings stay up for weeks.... get renewed and stuff... and I nor the many other people who have applied for it ever get a response back.

i heard that for example if a new Pizza Hut is opening up in 3 months that by law the owner has to put a now hiring sign, but they have a full staff because they got every family and friend working there.

i think the same MIGHT go for IT... what do you guys think??

i myself have only got jobs because of who i knew... working with my aunt, working with my uncle, and a store my sister worked at and she knew the manager.

i would say 9/10 friends that i have that have found jobs is because they KNEW someone in the company such as a relative or friend

i rarely ever get calls back, and when i do its the same day and it ends up being the worst job ever. *happened 2 times*

I feel ur pain man 'cause im in shoes right now.
  • jacktheripper994465221jacktheripper994465221 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    finally someone agrees with me.

but yeah, if it was hard getting a crummy unskilled labor job, how am i going to find work doing A+ related stuff?

i don't know anyone who owns a best buy or a dell?
  • SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and take an entry level position in a good company to get your foot in the door and to show your willing, from there you can move through the cmopany of use it to gain experience to put on your CV/Resume.

Unfortunatly 99% of people have to start off at the bottom and work their way up, im sure no network admins etc on here went straight into their job without doing the rubbish lower down??
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • jacktheripper994465221jacktheripper994465221 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    well i have been doing pc repair work for my uncles attorney service for the past 2 years and i put him down.......

2 places called/emailed me back...... did a "phone " interview then said theyd reply back in a week.

never got a response from either of them.

i agree with those who say its by law and.. they do it to advertise. half the frickin phone interview was "our company bla bla bla"
  • strauchrstrauchr Member Posts: 528 ■■■□□□□□□□
    With an attitude like that how can you not be employed? icon_rolleyes.gif
  • jim_staszjim_stasz Member Posts: 123
    well i have been doing pc repair work for my uncles attorney service for the past 2 years and i put him down.......

2 places called/emailed me back...... did a "phone " interview then said theyd reply back in a week.

never got a response from either of them.

i agree with those who say its by law and.. they do it to advertise. half the frickin phone interview was "our company bla bla bla"

If it's a job / company I am very interested in I'll follow up after 2 weeks to get an update.
    haha. i HAVE followed up......

1 place never wrote back after many email attempts.....

second place sent me a letter saying they aren't gonna offer me employment yet but theyll keep my resume on file for 6 months

the temp agency...... haha ...... what a joke.

so much for A+ being in "demand"
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I know this may come as a shock, but maybe you aren't qualified for the jobs you are applying for and/or maybe the company found someone with better skills that fit their needs better. In all honesty, the company you applied to is under no obligation to get back to you or return your emails, calls, etc.

I think temp agencies are great personally. My wife has found lots of work and experience through them. For someone who needs some experience the temp agencies are a great place to go. A+ is an entry level cert and people are mixed whether it actually gets your foot in the door or not.
    i agree with the whole not being qualified... but ... why write me to begin with?

if 50 people apply and only 5 look "qualified" why bother with the other 45?

plus, i only wrote back cuz they said they would write me back by the end of the week.
  • cairtakercairtaker Member Posts: 140
    I live in a town of 13,000 and there aren't any neighbor towns until you hit 20 miles away. Most of my work started from referrals from doing work for people at their houses. I then picked up about 6 of the local businesses in the last 5 years. But, our town is in a recession and companies here are small for the most part. One of the businesses is running a peer to peer network with 2 attorneys and 2 women doing the clerical work. The partner at this branch says to me one day that one of the clerks messed something up again. They have a shared folder on the clerk1 pc. She installed a card game with some junk included and he wasn't happy about it. Here's the kicker, they don't want maintenance contract, or even pm. He doesn't want her to screw things up. But, she is in everything becaue half the time he calls her to do things on his pc. I tried to tell them that it would be best to spend a few hundred and at least put a file server in and just back it up on a regular schedule. Not a lot of cash, right? Right now they would not even install a tape backup so they are copying the folder once a week to one of the other pc's for a backup. Darn, how did I get off on this subject? I don't know, but nobody out there wants to spend money on IT and support right now. I am thinking of leaving my job, taking my savings, etc and opening my own pc service center in a more populated area. I guess its what we make happen that is going to get us somewhere. Sorry, this was probably a depressing post...
    Good luck in the job search...
    To protect and to serve(r)...