Options

US College - WES for European Certifications

aidan80aidan80 Member Posts: 147 ■■□□□□□□□□
I applied to a local college (in the US) and was accepted. Said college maybe willing to give credit for some of my old classes form back home. They directed me to WES to have them checked out and a report generated. Namely a couple of NVQ's in IT and ECDL. Nothing major however it'd save me taking a couple of classes at least and the price to have the certs looked at by WES appears to be less than the cost of retaking those classes. So saves time and a few hundred $!

My question is however, has anyone used WES in the past to convert these types of low level certifications? I have only the original certifications, I have no transcripts (none were ever provided) and the technical college back home where I sat these have no idea how to give me a transcript. Instead they passed me over to the vendor that handled the exams who in turn sent me a PDF asking me to fill in the blanks and pay them something in the order of $30 per request for a new certificate even after I specifically asked for a transcript. WES on the other hand appear to just want copies of the certificates but after some digging online I found numerous people complaining they did just that then got asked for additional documentation namely the transcripts.

Any insight would be most welcome.