Options

Need Help On Below InfoSec Certification Path.

kishanbhattkishanbhatt Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello Friends,

This is my first post.

I am from India. I have just completed my Master Degree in Computer Application.

Now i want to start career in InfoSec. I searched and viewed many post, from that i have seen that for getting far in InfoSec field, u must have both knowledge of Security and Networking also.

So i am planning to go with following certification path. As my last goal to get job role/job as Network Security Polices making or Network Security Analyst.

So please give your view this track and guide me if anything needed to add in this.

and also tell what to do after CCNA Security to go ahead.

CompTIA Security+ ---> CCNA Routing & Switching ---> CCNA Security -->

So waiting for guidance on this.

Comments

• Options
    636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Looks like a good start to me
  • Options
    Husam97Husam97 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sound like a good start :) , good luck with your journey.
  • Options
    OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    Part of your plan should be something like get a job in a NOC with aim to move into SOC.

The obvious steps, for Network Security, is to also get CCNP R+S and CCNP Security. Also broadening your skill set into other technologies. GSEC (from GIAC) is also a good step after Security+ and CCNA Security. GIAC/SANS is the obvious choice for 'vendor neutral' training and certification at the moment. There are others who do operate in the same space, but are generally not as well regarded.

GIAC offers a whole roadmap with certifications at multiple levels in multiple streams. GCED is the obvious Defensive Security certification. Depending on what network security work you end up doing, things like CEH, GCIH, GSNA, or GCFE might be good to have.

Beyond vendor certifications and GIAC, CISSP is a good 5-8 year goal. After that you tend to be looking at either getting extremely good technically or moving to more management centred roles. This might mean another degree. It's pretty likely that things will change by then, though. Companies rise and fall, new technologies, new threats, new opportunities.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • Options
    Thanks for reply ..:)
  • Options
    OctalDump wrote: »
    Part of your plan should be something like get a job in a NOC with aim to move into SOC.

The obvious steps, for Network Security, is to also get CCNP R+S and CCNP Security. Also broadening your skill set into other technologies. GSEC (from GIAC) is also a good step after Security+ and CCNA Security. GIAC/SANS is the obvious choice for 'vendor neutral' training and certification at the moment. There are others who do operate in the same space, but are generally not as well regarded.

GIAC offers a whole roadmap with certifications at multiple levels in multiple streams. GCED is the obvious Defensive Security certification. Depending on what network security work you end up doing, things like CEH, GCIH, GSNA, or GCFE might be good to have.

Beyond vendor certifications and GIAC, CISSP is a good 5-8 year goal. After that you tend to be looking at either getting extremely good technically or moving to more management centred roles. This might mean another degree. It's pretty likely that things will change by then, though. Companies rise and fall, new technologies, new threats, new opportunities.

Yes..for doing Security+ is to get basics into InfoSec and CCNA R&N + CCNA Security is to get knowledge of Networking...then after looking towards what u mentioned..:)

Appreciate your reply..:) now look forward to first get Security+