Options

Good prepartion resources for MTA Certifications

mugen187mugen187 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone,

The MTA certifications I'm referring to are Windows Server Administration Fundamentals 98-365 exam, Networking Fundamentals 98-366 exam, Security Fundamentals 98-367 exam. Not only I want to know the best preparation and accurate practice exams but I also want to know the best of Virtual Labs from these exams to get a hands on experience. Also, some study material to get me going as well such as books and videos.

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    go to microsift's website. Plenty of study material.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    I been to the Microsoft website but I'm asking for practice exams to help me prepare for the exams that are websites. The same for virtual labs for hands on experience.
  • Options
    Buy the measure up test. Go to Quizlet. Or buy the Microsoft book study kit. I have it and it is great study material.
  • Options
    Thank you scaredoftests, I went to measure up test and I found out they have virtual lab for hands on experience. Are they any good? Also, the practice tests offered from measure up and Quizlet are accurate as the actual exam?
  • Options
    Meausreup tests are also in the Microsoft study kit. I use the other sites as well. Though nothing is really like the real exam.
  • Options
    revnedrevned Member Posts: 22 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just used the measureup practice test. Just took mine today..Measureup closely resembles the actual MTA 98-365 exam.
  • Options
    revned wrote: »
    I just used the measureup practice test. Just took mine today..Measureup closely resembles the actual MTA 98-365 exam.

Thanks revned, I see that in measureup they have all three tests for the fundamentals but I also found out that they have labs for all three as well. Have you used one of them that offered great hands on experience?

Here's the website: Microsoft
  • Options
    revnedrevned Member Posts: 22 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Are you familiar with server products? The test is basically knowing what they do. MTA is a familiarazation test. I have not used any virtual labs only bought the test preparations a week ago and did the practice questions.
  • Options
    revned wrote: »
    Are you familiar with server products? The test is basically knowing what they do. MTA is a familiarazation test. I have not used any virtual labs only bought the test preparations a week ago and did the practice questions.

No I'm not familiar but I know a few server products like Windows server 2008 and Windows server 2008 R2 but I never know how to use the Windows server 2008 and Windows server 2008 R2. That's why I asked if you used any of the virtual labs from Measureup that they offered to get a better understanding by getting a hands on experience. But definitely I'll check the test preparations from Measureup. Thank you. Maybe I'll check the virtual labs by myself and see if it's any good.
  • Options
    I am using a SQL server 2014 download from Microsoft and doing the exercises from 70-461 Querying Microsoft SQL server 2012 Training Kit. Excellent way to learn..
  • Options
    Thanks scaredoftests, I have a question since you used Measureup practice tests and pass the actual exam what are some tips you recommend me to memorize and to put more focus on to prepare for the exam? Also, can you compare or seen any that are similar questions from the actual measureup practice tests and Microsoft Network Fundamental exam? By tips I mean by the book or video resource that I should focus more time or memorize?

Thank you.
  • Options
    Don't memorize it. Learn it. Read and practice. Practice and Read. Also, go to Microsoft and see what is covered (and % of questions/topic).