Options

70-410 exam structure?

dtakhardtakhar Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
for those that have taken the exam

1. how many questions
2. how long do you get
3. are they multiple choice, or simulations?

any other tips would be appreciated.

thx

Comments

• Options
    gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Passed it as a part of MCSA upgrade 3-in-1 exam back in 2013 and don't remember much besides that overall number of questions was around 100 with roughly 1/3 of which were from 3 different exams and I don't remember if there were any simulations. It was tough, I failed it for the first time scoring pretty low and passed on a second try with exactly 700 lol.
  • Options
    poolmanjimpoolmanjim Member Posts: 285 ■■■□□□□□□□
    1. 40-60 Questions
    2. 120 Minutes to take the exam
    3. Varied: Multiple Choice, Hot Area, Drag-n-Drop, etc.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/certification-exam-policies.aspx#basics

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/certification-exams.aspx
    2019 Goals: Security+
    2020 Goals: 70-744, Azure
    Completed: MCSA 2012 (01/2016), MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (07/2017), MCSA 2017 (09/2017)
    Future Goals: CISSP, CCENT
  • Options
    finger11finger11 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Are there no simulations in the MS exams? I noticed in the windows 7 exam last week there was hot areas and drag and drop but in security+ IIRC you had a dos prompt and had to manually enter commands from memorization.

If there's no simulations you don't necessarily need to memorize PS commands but have a basic knowledge of what the major ones do, correct?
  • Options
    poolmanjimpoolmanjim Member Posts: 285 ■■■□□□□□□□
    None that I have seen. The Hot Areas are the closes to "simulations" that they have.

This has been a complaint from test takers and training organizations for awhile. I think most people would rather have a VM or environment of some kind where the question is "Install XYZ and Configure it" and you have to do it. Proves more skill than just being able to memorize content.
    2019 Goals: Security+
    2020 Goals: 70-744, Azure
    Completed: MCSA 2012 (01/2016), MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (07/2017), MCSA 2017 (09/2017)
    Future Goals: CISSP, CCENT
  • Options
    actionhank1786actionhank1786 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That would be nice.

I'll mess up from time-to-time (Read: All the time) on remembering which command does what...but if I start to type it and get it wrong, I can correct it and fix it. I can't think of a ton of things that you have to nail the command on the first try for, with no chance to correct it when it doesn't work.
  • Options
    gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Eventually they will do this. Hopefully rather sooner than later...
  • Options
    DojiscalperDojiscalper Member Posts: 266 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I hate that I'm even asking, but where do I sign up for the 70-410? I've tried through the microsoft site where it has a huge yellow button "schedule exam" and the site errors out. Been that way for a while and I can't seem to find any other sources googling.
  • Options
    gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I get the errors too when I use Chrome but the Microsoft works well with IE.
  • Options
    actionhank1786actionhank1786 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I hate that I'm even asking, but where do I sign up for the 70-410? I've tried through the microsoft site where it has a huge yellow button "schedule exam" and the site errors out. Been that way for a while and I can't seem to find any other sources googling.

I think they might all redirect through the same site. Like Doji said, it might be worth trying in IE, or going to the Microsoft site and signing in before going through the Pearson site and navigating to the Exam Scheduling part.