Options

70-089...SMS 2003

PeccoPecco Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
Does anyone have any good study guides for SMS 2003...it's a new cert and I can't find much beside the MOC.
Any info would be appreciated.
Lack of planning on your part will not constitute an emergency on my part!

Comments

• Options
    ronaksonironaksoni Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi, I am in the same boat as you. I haven't found any study materials for SMS 2003 except for the MS Press book which is a 1000 pages!! icon_eek.gif

There isn't even anything online! I have been trying to read the book but since I am new to SMS, I feel like it is just too detailed and I get lost reading the book! It's just too much!

I would suggest taking the MS SMS training classes.. I am planning to take them at the end of the month and give the exam sometime in April.

GOOD LUCK! And please let me know if you find any study materials for the exam!
  • Options
    PeccoPecco Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ronaksoni wrote:
    Hi, I am in the same boat as you. I haven't found any study materials for SMS 2003 except for the MS Press book which is a 1000 pages!! icon_eek.gif

There isn't even anything online! I have been trying to read the book but since I am new to SMS, I feel like it is just too detailed and I get lost reading the book! It's just too much!

I would suggest taking the MS SMS training classes.. I am planning to take them at the end of the month and give the exam sometime in April.

GOOD LUCK! And please let me know if you find any study materials for the exam!

I took an SMS 2003 training course...I have very good experience with SMS 2.0 so I didn't find that there was a whole lot of new stuff covered...the new areas that stood out to me are the Advanced Client features and the Reporting features. I have the MOC from the course and its complete garbage...it's very vague and does not go in-depth at all. The most info I came across was the "SMS 2003 Administrator's Companion...I haven't really started reading it yet and but beside this, the only other stuff I can find it whatever whitepapers are out there… it's looking pretty rough!
    If you get any good study guide please let me know...I'll do the same.
    Lack of planning on your part will not constitute an emergency on my part!