Options

Cable Lengths & OSI

JakeCourtneyJakeCourtney Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
How much should I devote to learning the actually cable lengths? I know to be sure to know the copper limits, but how much of the Fiber lengths should we rememeber?

Is the biggest part of learning the OSI model just knowing which protocal suite belongs to which layer. Example say the HTTP being part of the Application layor.

I mean I'm just a few day's in on studying for the exam, trying to find my bearings.

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I've never seen a cable length question...I think that stuff is probably out of date to a point. If anything, I'd know Fiber, as it is tomorrows technology, today for the most part. The OSI is more than just memorization. Try to understand the model, and how it relates to the process of transferring information. You DO need to know which layer is which, and what goes in it. The old adage to remember the OSI order is:
    All People Seem To Need Data Processing, with the first letter of each giving you APSTNDP, each layer in order.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Don't go into this exam without having a good understanding of the OSI Model and where everything belongs in it.

The cable lengths will come to you with enough practice tests.... I don't even really recall if I had any cable length questions on my exam.
  • Options
    bvxiongbvxiong Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I memorized the OSI layers by using this method...

A - All
    P - People
    S - Seems
    T - To
    N - Never
    D - Drive
    P - Perfect

Works for me...
  • Options
    Gennosuke HIGAKIGennosuke HIGAKI Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Mine: A PiSToN Down Position
  • Options
    Joe A.Joe A. Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    O.K. here's my two cents. lol..

A-Advice
    P-People's
    S-Sales
    T-Take
    N-Not
    D-Do
    P-Please

Hope it helps. :)
  • Options
    certificationjourney [bancertificationjourney [ban Inactive Imported Users Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    All People Should Transport Network Data Physically