Is this CCENT Exam Level?

mabarianmabarian Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I just finished studying and re-checking everything for the ICND1 exam. I only studied the Wendell Odom ICND1 book, and labbed a lot (boson, packet tracer and GNS3). I can even build my own networks implementing everything tat is covered by ICND1 without help. The Wendell Odom came with 2 ICND1 exams (for the Pearson IT Certification Practice Test software) and since I bought an e-book version as well, I got 4 ICND1 exams. I did one of them for the first time and got 933/1000. It took me 50 minutes to complete.

Is this really what I can expect, or is the real exam more difficult and with more questions? My exam had 45 questions. I seriously doubt this can be so easy... icon_sad.gif

Comments

• SegoviaSegovia Member Posts: 119
    Yeah you're definitely ready for this. It's not that hard really, but Cisco exams are known to be upsetting at times.

Be sure to know how to subnet like a champ. I might have failed if I didn't get 100% of the subnetting questions right.

Good luck and don't stress out!
    WGU BS - IT Security ... Enrollment Date 10/15 ... Progress 45/124 CU {36%}
  • techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ICND1 was much easier than I expected. ICND2 was more difficult than expected, especially the time crunch.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
  • koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    From what I remember the tests in the Odom book and the section reviews were more difficult than the real exam. Sounds like you're ready, good luck.
  • quickman007quickman007 Member Posts: 195
    What techfiend said. ICND1 was way easier than I thought it would be and the ICND2 was harder. I'd say spend a good 50% more time studying for the ICND2 than the ICND1.
  • mabarianmabarian Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the replies. I couldn't believe I was so well prepared. I guess I will have a few more days of checking everything again, more labs and go for the exam.