Options

Resume udate question

koenigss15koenigss15 Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
After passing recruiters want my updated resume. What do I put down prior to my endorsement going through? Would "CISSP (endorsement pending)" be OK? Associate of ISC2 sounds lame.

Appreciate your thoughts.

Comments

• Options
    OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    I'd put both. I think endorsement pending is pretty significant progress towards CISSP. It's not like "I bought the book and I'm thinking of maybe doing the exam".

Also, if you make it clear in your work experience section, that you do have 5+ years of various Info Sec experience, it should be fine to anyone reading it.

I'd assume that at this level, people do take time to actually read resumes, but I might be wrong.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Technically, I do not believe you are suppose to infer anything about the CISSP on your resume until you are verified....except saying Associate of (ISC)2.
  • Options
    jt2929jt2929 Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You cannot refer to the CISSP credential until you have been endorsed. You can only use "Associate of (ISC)2" on resumes etc.
  • Options
    koenigss15koenigss15 Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the input guys. I think I'll wait for the endorsement. My friend is certified and signed off yesterday for me.
  • Options
    jt2929 wrote: »
    You cannot refer to the CISSP credential until you have been endorsed. You can only use "Associate of (ISC)2" on resumes etc.

Seriously? You can't even say which exam you did to get "associate of ISC2"? That's a little draconian. I'm trying to find the info on their website, but all I can find so far is the details relating to the use of their marks. Unless there is a contractual agreement between you and ISC2 about how you use the term CISSP, it should be ok to say "I am an Associate of ISC2. I passed the CISSP exam on date, and I have submitted an application for endorsement as CISSP". That is entirely factual and does not mislead. But there might be something you agreed to when you sat the exam, applied etc.
  • Options
    Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    We discussed this before at http://www.techexams.net/forums/isc-sscp-cissp/115162-sscp-cism-cissp.html#post983402
    Here is the official guidance for those who become Associates of (ISC)2: https://www.isc2.org/uploadedfiles/(...guidelines.pdf

"Associates of (ISC)² are NOT certified and may not use any Logo or description other than
    “Associate of (ISC)²”. Under no circumstances may they identify which exam they have
    successfully passed or use any Logo, other than “Associate of (ISC)²”, in any manner. Failure to
    abide by this rule may result in the candidate being prohibited from ever attaining any (ISC)²
    certification."

And this was my suggested "solution"
    So to be totally legit and still get through HR filters, put Associate of (ISC)2 under Certifications followed by footnote.

(ISC)2 is a
    non-profit organization which specializes in information security education and certifications such as the CISSP, CSSLP, CCSP.
  • Options
    I saw that document, but somehow managed to miss that bit.

Does that mean that all those people on here saying that they passed the CISSP (or whatever) exam, but aren't yet endorsed, are breaking the rules? "Under no circumstances may they identify which exam they have successfully passed". And you can't even say which exam in an interview if asked?

I get the general intent here, to stop people misleading that they are CISSP or whatever and devaluing the certification, but this is quite extreme.

Maybe you could say "I am an Associate of ISC2 and hope, one day soon, god wiling, to be endorsed as a CISSP <wink, wink>"
  • Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    No because you mentioned CISSP.

I wouldn't want to mess it up and have to take the exam again for not following the rules.
  • Options
    jt2929jt2929 Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    TechGuru80 wrote: »

I wouldn't want to mess it up and have to take the exam again for not following the rules.

Yet you're fine listing a cert you're pursuing in your profile....
  • Options
    TechGuru80 wrote: »

But because you aren't actually saying that you have passed the CISSP or that you are a CISSP, or using the description "CISSP", or that you have submitted endorsement for CISSP, or are using the CISSP logo, you should be fine. I mean it could be that you passed the SSCP exam, got associate, but are still thinking to do the CISSP exam.

It's not quite at the level that you are forbidden to mention the certificate's name if you are just a lowly Associate. Although that makes it sound a bit like a secret society, which has some appeal. The job interview might be an opportunity for a real CISSP to try to break you, and see if you are truly worthy.

Interviewer: "So, how did you find the CISSP exam?"
    Candidate: "Well, it wasn't... wait a moment I never said that I did the CIS... that exam."
    Interviewer: "Ah, we got a clever one here."
  • Options
    bpennbpenn Member Posts: 499
    In the DoD, the Associate level of the CISSP actually is beneficial and there is a specific directive that requires a particular set of certifications in order to even hold the job (DoD 8570.1). Now, the CISSP (including the associate level) meets the highest level requirement. If I apply to a new job and it requires IAT/IAM level 3 (which the CISSP and associate does) then I have to disclose the fact that I passed the CISSP, even though I still need 4 months of experience to get endorsed. I dont know what (ISC)² thinks about me referencing the CISSP but I have to in order to fulfill this DoD directive. Otherwise, they might think I hold the SSCP and that does not meet the required IAT/IAM level.
    "If your dreams dont scare you - they ain't big enough" - Life of Dillon