Options

Entry Level job??

Guru51_Guru51_ Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey Guys,

I'm a recent grad with a BS in Computer Info Systems and a CCNA in R&S with no experience.I'm currently searching for a job and came across one stating that they're looking for a TOC Engineer I.Would this be a good job to start just to get my foot in the door?Oh by the way my main goal is to become a network engineer in the near future.

Comments

• Options
    SegoviaSegovia Member Posts: 119
    Well I don't really know what a TOC is, but if it's like a NOC engineer or something similar.. I would definitely take that opportunity!!

In my mind the position you are talking about would be somewhere between 55-70k

Also congratulations for graduating!
    WGU BS - IT Security ... Enrollment Date 10/15 ... Progress 45/124 CU {36%}
  • Options
    Guru51_Guru51_ Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I didn't know what a TOC engineer was at first either but it stands for Technical Operation Center lol but thanks I think I'm going to apply for it
  • Options
    TCincinnatiKTCincinnatiK Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If its a role such as at a "technical operational center" (normally called NOC) as mentioned earlier and involves at least some basic responsibility with networking I would advice taking it. Depending on where you live the salary may be south of 50k however companies who hire people for these roles normally expect to promote within. Its an excellent entry level start (just have to stay patient).