Options

Recertification requirements.

So, I am looking at the recertification requirements, and certifications that you can use for CEUs. I notice that some like MS and Cisco allow multiple levels of certifications to give CEUs.

So, the question is, if you have CCNA Wireless, CCNA Security CCNA R+S, and CCNP R+S, can you credit all of those? If you have those and just renew the CCNP, for example,

Also, is it based on active certifications or just newly acquired certifications?

There's another oddity, and I think this is just for Cloud+. CASP, Security+ and Mobility all give CEUs for CASP. So, the question is, if you renew your CASP, can you credit the CEUs towards Cloud+, and if you renew CASP and also have Security+ (for example), do those both credit towards Cloud+, or just one?
2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM

Comments

• Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    CASP is the highest level certification that CompTIA offers. As such, it will automatically renew all lower level certifications. For instance, I renewed my Security+ by taking and passing the exam again. I just received an email notification that my A+ and Network+ were renewed, no effort on my part. Now, if you use the non-CompTIA certs to renew your CompTIA certs, then you must submit them through the CompTIA portal. Once you've attained the required number of CEUs, for your highest certification (in your case, Security+), all of the certs will automatically be renewed.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    But CASP doesn't renew Cloud+. So in the instance of Cloud+ you get 10 CEU for CASP, 16 for Security+ and 4 for Mobility+. It seems to me that if you have CASP, Security+ and Cloud+, and you renew your CASP, then your Security+ is renewed and then you get 26 CEU towards Cloud+.

Now, if you renew CASP by getting CCIE Security, and you also have CCNP Security and CCNP Security and CCNA Security and CCNA R+S, then you would get also another 26 CEU, which is enough to get Cloud+. If you have CCIE Security, then to keep that you only need to do the CCIE written every 2 years, and it also renews the lower level certs. So you could get to a position where you are only doing the CCIE written every 2 years and it is renewing all your CompTIA (CASP and lower, and Cloud+) and all your Cisco certs.

Is that the case?
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I believe I read somewhere on the CompTIA website (the renewal portal, if memory serves) that as long as you continue to complete all requirements for renewing your non-CompTIA certs you can submit the updated info and it will count. I haven't tried that yet, so I am not totally sure. I think I'll email CompTIA and find out.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me