Options

Best Exam for SSCP?

fghotbifghotbi Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Dear Friends,
I am looking for a good exam questions for SSCP exam.
I had both fail and pass experience with two different exam questions vendors. I passed my Security+ exam with ******** and now trying to find same good practice tests for SSCP. Glad to see your suggestions.

Comments

• Options
    TongyTongy Member Posts: 234
    https://www.isc2.org/uploadedfiles/(isc)2_public_content/exam_outlines/sscp-exam-outline-april-2015.pdf could be useful.

Questions at the back of the SSCP CBK and Darril Gibson AIO books should test your knowledge enough to make sure you know the facts... so you can pass the exam regardless.
  • Options
    wayne_wonderwayne_wonder Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Think he's using exam **** or I could be wrong
  • Options
    Ok, he's in the wrong place icon_sad.gif

No shortcuts here... a cert without the knowledge isn't going to do you any favours icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    My sources for preparing for and passing SSCP the first time:

Darril Gibson's SSCP book
    Cybrary CASP, CISSP, and Cryptography training
    Michael Gregg's CASP study guide
    All of my Security+ notes
    freepracticetests.org
    The official ISC(2) SSCP CIB
    Selected sections from Shon Harris' CISSP guide (the ones that apply to SSCP)

Since SSCP is a practitioner certification and since CASP is also one but on a higher level, I really felt that the CASP materials would help to get me over the top, which they did. In general, it's a good idea to use multiple sources rather than think that just one guide will get you there.

This was for the previous version of the test that retired in April 2015.

Like everybody else says, avoid the **** and actually learn the material. You're going to need to know this stuff on the job.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    OP is fairly new so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. The asterisks are showing because that material is dubious and most likely is stolen intellectual property(a.k.a ****). The question then becomes, are you willingly using ****? If not, then we'll be more than happy to educate and point in the right direction. If yes, then this may not be the right forum for you as we do not condone ****.
  • Options
    SegoviaSegovia Member Posts: 119
    I've never studied for the SSCP or any other ISC exam (not yet anyway) but I had a teacher who had a CISSP. When I told him I wanted to try for the SSCP he told me to just study CISSP material. Would you guys agree? Maybe OP can go that route since there is a lot more material
    WGU BS - IT Security ... Enrollment Date 10/15 ... Progress 45/124 CU {36%}
  • Options
    tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Segovia wrote: »
    I've never studied for the SSCP or any other ISC exam (not yet anyway) but I had a teacher who had a CISSP. When I told him I wanted to try for the SSCP he told me to just study CISSP material. Would you guys agree? Maybe OP can go that route since there is a lot more material

I'd recommend using some CISSP materials for SSCP, but I would use that exclusively. SSCP is not a junior CISSP cert. SSCP is a practitioner cert, meaning that you need to have a bit of a technical background. There's a lot of info in the SSCP Candidate Information Bulletin (CIB) that's not in CISSP. If you decide to pursue SSCP (or any certification for that matter, go to the ISC(2) site and download the CIB. They list several bullet points showing you what you need to know for the exam. Use that as your guide. A lot of it is covered in CISSP, but it doesn't cover everything. I would use several sources to make sure that you have every topic in the CIB covered. There's a reason they give you the CIB; it's what you must know for the exam.
  • Options
    It's true that CISSP prep materials will cover *most* of the ground that SSCP does but like the other contributors have said, SSCP is a practitioners cert, CISSP is management.

Security+ covers a lot of the grassroots that is also present in the exam. It's the way that the questions are asked that foxes people, that and the lack of available resources due to its relative obscurity as an Infosec cert.

I go back to what I said earlier in this thread - if you know the domains in the CBK you will pass. Take time to absorb and don't Braindump it, you'll be doing yourself a disservice in the longer run if you do.
  • Options
    CryptoPunkCryptoPunk Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Segovia wrote: »

I passed the SSCP examination and you really don't need to bother with CISSP materials if you want to pass SSCP. Darril Gibson AIO book and google is enough.