Options

My Plan for Getting Into I.T

SyliceSylice Member Posts: 100
I.T is the only thing im interested in and the only thing I can see myself doing, Im still young, 21, so I figure why not pursue my dream, so I will be applying to this A.A.S NETWORKING TECHNOLOGY program (Networking Technology « Welcome to Wayne Community College | Goldsboro, NC) and start out with certs such as CCENT and*CCNA. I will pursue a bachelors through the schools 2+2 program later on. I want your opinion on this program and if I am taking the right course of action to get my foot in the door to becoming a Network Engineer. I already took initiative and read*CCENT/CCNA books and created functioning topologies with PacketTracer(Could this possibly be used as experience on my resume?). Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    If you are already building topologies and have read the CCNA books, you could try the CCENT exam and see how you go.

The program looks ok. Seems to be a Cisco Net Acad, so will need to meet their standards. Also seems to be regionally accredited.

The questions to ask is if the AAS includes the Cisco Net Acad program, and if it includes other programs that lead to certification. Ideally, when you leave you want to have hands on experience, the degree, certification and some work/intern experience. It will put you in a good position for getting a job and for pursuing a Bachelor's.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM