Options

Passed December 7th

selim2010selim2010 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
I DID IT!

THANK You everyone here for helping me achieving this important milestone in my career.

BACKGROUND:
8 years of IT experience, 6 of them in Security related fields, like Security technical support, Network Security and Information Security, and I had my GSEC and GCIH in 2009 when I first started my security career.

PREPARATION:
Started reading AIO in March, only on weekends for a couple of hours.

September: I listened to all Shon Harris and Cybrary MP3 while commuting from and to work.

October: I read Eric Conrad and got CCCure questions, but only answered 500 questions. So far it was a casual prepation

November: got really serious. Long nights reading Sybex 7th edition and solved all 1400 questions that came with it. Solved the 900 Transcender questions, and finished another CCCure 1200 questions

Finished the preparation by combined notes and Sunflower.

EXAM:
I thought I was over prepared, but the Exam was so heavy on my mind. Finished 5 minutes before the time timeout on me.
You gotta be VERY CAREFUL with the time. Spent over 25 minutes on a quantitative analysis scenario question, but thank god it was in the middle of the exam so I was able to make up for the lost time.

Most of the questions wants you to select the MOST important, or the LEAST, or the FIRST step... Direct questions were very very few.

I am not sure if I can mention the technologies mentioned in the exam but I was so surprised that some of them got a lot of focus, like I was asked about 8 questions about a "specific" technology.

Please let me know if I could help anyone with anything that wouldn't violate the NDA

Good luck to everyone planning to take the exam.

Comments

• Options
    SegoviaSegovia Member Posts: 119
    Awesome, congratulations!! icon_thumright.gif
    WGU BS - IT Security ... Enrollment Date 10/15 ... Progress 45/124 CU {36%}
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    barmanbarman Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    selim2010 wrote: »
    I DID IT!

THANK You everyone here for helping me achieving this important milestone in my career.

BACKGROUND:
    8 years of IT experience, 6 of them in Security related fields, like Security technical support, Network Security and Information Security, and I had my GSEC and GCIH in 2009 when I first started my security career.

PREPARATION:
    Started reading AIO in March, only on weekends for a couple of hours.

September: I listened to all Shon Harris and Cybrary MP3 while commuting from and to work.

October: I read Eric Conrad and got CCCure questions, but only answered 500 questions. So far it was a casual prepation

November: got really serious. Long nights reading Sybex 7th edition and solved all 1400 questions that came with it. Solved the 900 Transcender questions, and finished another CCCure 1200 questions

Finished the preparation by combined notes and Sunflower.

EXAM:
    I thought I was over prepared, but the Exam was so heavy on my mind. Finished 5 minutes before the time timeout on me.
    You gotta be VERY CAREFUL with the time. Spent over 25 minutes on a quantitative analysis scenario question, but thank god it was in the middle of the exam so I was able to make up for the lost time.

Most of the questions wants you to select the MOST important, or the LEAST, or the FIRST step... Direct questions were very very few.

I am not sure if I can mention the technologies mentioned in the exam but I was so surprised that some of them got a lot of focus, like I was asked about 8 questions about a "specific" technology.

Please let me know if I could help anyone with anything that wouldn't violate the NDA

Good luck to everyone planning to take the exam.

I had the exact same feeling. I took the exam on the same day, and failed. Maybe that was the same exam ;)
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    clarkincnetclarkincnet Member Posts: 256 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Give a hacker an exploit, and they will have access for a day, BUT teach them to phish, and they will have access for the rest of their lives!

Have: CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, ITIL-F
  • Options
    g33k3rg33k3r Member Posts: 249 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on all the hard work!!
  • Options
    Thank you all very much.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that. But now you know how it looks like and will pass next time. Good luck to you
  • Options
    ansel1261ansel1261 Member Posts: 24 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    jkathereshjkatheresh Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Very inspiring. Congrats on clearing CISSP
  • Options
    havoc64havoc64 Member Posts: 213 ■■□□□□□□□□