Options

E-mail groupware for production.

PiotrIrPiotrIr Member Posts: 236
I just wonder if somebody have experience with open source groupware systems. I would like to use something else then exchange for our customers. I really like Microsoft Exchange and believe is the best solution on the market but because Microsoft tries to force everybody to move to cloud I don’t want to deal with them anymore. I don’t want to use clouds like Google or Microsoft (or any other) and have for this some reasons but they are not part of this question. I also don’t want to use any semi open source system like Zimbra, where the most important features are not available in community edition.
Recently, instead of using cloud systems we installed OwnCloud and I must say – I’m really happy of this. Of course, it’s not perfect and have some problems but in general is very good and reliable. I also use Zabbix and Nfsen as monitoring software and OTRS as helpdesk. I’m quite happy of both so looking for similar quality on e-mail, calendar, contacts and tasks. Main requirement is reliability not features. I want stable solution which will work with hundreds of big mailboxes – 25GB and over, with reasonable speed.
It would be great to use Outlook but not sure how stable it will be - maybe IMAP with calendar and contact synchronization? Any way, it must connect to phone with active sync and desktop client as webmail is not practical.
I was looking at Citadel, Horde, Kolab and iRedMail – all looks promising but wasn’t able to find opinions from somebody who has them in production.
Could you advise me please?