Options

I passed exam 70-210 with only a week of studying!!!

D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595 ■■□□□□□□□□
All I used was the MS press books, I mean who wouldn't, they build the software! I had 60 questions & 145 minutes to do it in and if that wasn't bad enough I looked over my shouder and someone had failed icon_eek.gif i saw alot of unhappy people that day icon_cry.gif . Now onto Sever!!!!

D-boy

Thanks again, Webmaster for clearing up those Permisson questions i had. Couldn't of done it without you! I also looked over your Technotes which was really helpful!!!

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congrats D-Boy! Well done! :)
  • Options
    pandimuspandimus Member Posts: 651
    Bling* Bling*

Congrats....

Did you use the first edition or second edition press books?
    Xinxing is the hairy one.
  • Options
    KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrat... U are smart

But Svr will be different story, so study hard and don't let the study period get u.
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • Options
    Hi pandimus,

I used the 2nd Edition, as I noticed that they made some changes from the 1st Edition. I used to own the 1st Edition but sold it to get the upto date 2nd Edition.

D-boy!

Do you think I should go straight to 2000 server exam or do Windows XP Pro exam? As the XP Pro exam would be nearly the same as 2000 but with some more features.

What do you think???
  • Options
    Thanks, but what did U mean by "don't let the study period get u"?

Is it much harder then Win 2000Pro exam?

D-boy
  • Options
    cgraciacgracia Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations....I am studying for my MCSE now and like this website compared to the NGs I've been on (too many A-Holes). Please wish me luck (I plan on passing 70-210 by mid-Sept...no more excuses).

Anyway, I dunno if my opinion to your question would be appreciated since I currently have no certs (just 10 years of solid experience but now need that paper), but I would concentrate on just your 2000 requirements and then upgrade that to 2003 MCSE. Trust me, 2000 is going to be around for awhile.....corporations/gov't agencies (my place of employment included) that are buying PCs now are downgrading to 2000 from XP because they just started upgrading to 2000. Just because something comes out now, doesn't mean people will buy it now. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
  • Options
    Thanks, I think I will keep on the 2000 track. Yeah get those cert's man it might be a bit of paper but they will go well with you 10 years trust me! I only have 2 years and trying to get my MCSA before next year, I should be able to do it, just study hard! Plus I have a home network so I can see everything in the works! icon_wink.gif

Laterz,

D-boy
  • Options
    cgraciacgracia Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey man thanks for the advice. And listen stay the course...I really to be honest with you didn't want to bother because I only saw IT as a job (as opposed to a career). However I'm starting to realize that (to me) it's so much more than a job. I've been fortunate enough to really be put in a position where I can make a difference. If I get certified, I can really be inspiring to others to take the same course. I'm going to do it in September and keep this site bookmarked. I must say it's a real positive site and that's really where I need to be right now (positive). Again, congratulations and good luck. Thank you as well. :)

Cruz
  • Options
    bigstar*bigstar* Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    1 week! wow

I'm folllowing right behind you buddy icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    You can do it, just put in the time you'll get it. Brush-up on anything you don't understand enough, if you are using MS Press books, don't skip anything cover everything even if you know it it will help to keep it fresh in your head. All I can say now is practice, you need hands on that's a BIG help in helping you to remember. I'm doing Server now an I have only installed it once, but i know with plenty of practice and study time I can do it. I think this one will take me about 2 weeks! I'm working now, so I might not have as much time.

Daniel
  • Options
    Astroboy3Astroboy3 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi, I'm just about to write 70-210 Professional exam, I have the 1st edition of the Microsoft Windows 2000 Training Kit and was wondering if anyone knows what major changes they made between 1st Ed. and 2nd Ed. and if I should worry or not. :)

Cheers. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    Astroboy3 wrote:
    Hi, I'm just about to write 70-210 Professional exam, I have the 1st edition of the Microsoft Windows 2000 Training Kit and was wondering if anyone knows what major changes they made between 1st Ed. and 2nd Ed. and if I should worry or not. :)

Cheers. icon_lol.gif

The only thing I found was the requirements are different, well just one the amount of RAM. Just compare it with this link to Microsoft.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/professional/evaluation/sysreqs/default.asp

D-boy
  • Options
    bigstar*bigstar* Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    So far I read half of my 70-210 book. Got a wedding this weekend so kind of off track for a couple of days.

Just booked my exam for next week. Wish me luck :D
  • Options
  • Options
    Astroboy3Astroboy3 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    :D I passed the Win 2K exam today!! This forum helped me out quite a bit and kept me motivated. I used the Microsoft Press Book (Edition 1), plus on-line questions and notes. ...Now on to Win 2k Server.
  • Options
    pandimuspandimus Member Posts: 651
    Just the notes and questions on this site? or other sites? If so could you give me some links?

thanks

pandimus
    Xinxing is the hairy one.