Options

CISSP Exam in a Week

lwhite81lwhite81 Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi Fellow CISSPs and CISSP wanna-bes,
Thank you for all your insight into the exam. I have been reading these threads and utilizing some of the resources, insights listed on this forum, however this is my first post.
Would like to gain your thoughts on if I should reschedule my test or take in a week.

I have used many of the resources listed in the forum such as SH AIO, Boot camp 1 year ago, Cybrary, CISSP for Dummies and Transcender for test quesions. I was originally scheduled to take the exam 4 weeks ago and pushed back. Here I am 3 weeks later and STILL DO NOT feel ready. I keep finding tidbits of information I do not know. I am a kinesthetic learner, so when I know something I really know it. I used to hold a CCNA but moved into a more "soft" managerial/policy type role. I'm not a good memorizer. Cyprography and Software Dev are areas I had to learn solo. I have a bachelors and master's degree (used to be a high school technology teacher), but have never studied for this type of exam and never been so frustrated. When I passed my CCNA 15 years ago, study was simpler b/c it was more tech driven, very focused, etc. Question is: Do I reschedule again? Do I keep using more resources (just downloaded 11th hour 2nd edition today)? So difficult to know if all the hours I've spent has been worth all the effort, hoping I'm studying the correct way. As a former teacher, then trainer, I am the one who helps others in this area, but now I feel compelled to ask. Feedback is appreciated :) Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    How long have you been studying for CISSP? More than a year?

Why not just take the exam? :)

One way to gauge your readiness is to go through the exam outline in detail. If you understand and is able to explain each item in the outline, it means you have a fairly good understanding of the 8 domains.
  • Options
    derochebderocheb Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Do not reschedule your exam. You're never going to feel like your 100% prepared. I strongly recommend the 11th hour study guide as I used it heavily for my exam that I passed a few months ago. I also watched a couple of Larry Greenblatt's 8 domains of CISSP videos on YouTube.

The biggest part about taking the test is taking your time. Set certain points to take breaks in your test. Make sure that if you start to lose focus you take a break. If you've studied as much as you say you have, you should be ready and if not you'll never know because you keep pushing it back. The morning of your test make sure to keep your routine and at most only look over a couple of notes.