Passed Security +

larss55larss55 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I wanted to share the process I went through to recently pass (770) the Security + exam.
  1. Read the CompTIA Security+ All-in-One Exam Guide, Fourth Edition (Exam SY0-401) and took all Chapter Review tests
  2. Re-read chapters I scored poorly in, and re-took the Chapter Review tests
  3. Used the DVD with the book to build practice tests around challenging chapters and/or exam knowledge domain content
  4. Completed CertMaster for Security + and reviewed challenging areas, reviewed answers I guessed correctly on to know why it was right
  5. Used this forum to learn from other professional's experiences and take the practice tests for ports and Security +
For those interested I have a background in Datacenter management and operations. I do not have a lot of experience as a network or system administrator. I am working towards a more focused career in IT Security.

Thanks again for the content on this site and good luck to any of you working towards this certification!

Comments

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,174 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats !
    Certs Gained 2018: CCENT ,210-255 ( Cyber Security Operations)
    Upcoming: ICND2, CTT, 210-250 (Cyber Security Fundamentals)

Isaiah 28:10 - For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line; here a little, and there a little.
  • tykika@gmail.com[email protected] Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!!