Options

CISSP Endorsement General Quetsions

mnetworkmnetwork Member Posts: 6 ■■□□□□□□□□
I need to stop being lazy and get officially certified, but have some questions of the paperwork. I have a certified endorser that was a colleague at a previous job, so that helps things. I am wondering though how I should fill out this form. I am a System Administrator by trade, so my resume is tailored to reflect that and really doesn't go into detail on specific security items. I imagine that I should be showing that I meet the requirements for the CISSP. Should be modifying my resume to highlight these or should I just highlight these in the endorsement form? Just trying to figure out the best way to fill this out. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    ougijoeougijoe Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I was in a similar situation. I did the latter. I highlighted my specific Security experience on the Endorsement form, and just sent my endorser my typical Systems Engineer resume.

Make sure to tell them you're available to answer any questions or to clarify anything. They should use the Endorsement form to verify the specific experience you include.

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    ougijoe wrote: »
    I was in a similar situation. I did the latter. I highlighted my specific Security experience on the Endorsement form, and just sent my endorser my typical Systems Engineer resume.

Make sure to tell them you're available to answer any questions or to clarify anything. They should use the Endorsement form to verify the specific experience you include.

Hope that helps.

So, you only put the security related items on the form?
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I've seen people do it both ways successfully. Since ISC2 only cares about security topics I decided to do some pre-filtering. When I passed the exam I was a Systems Administrator and decided to leave out a lot of stuff out that was irrelevant from a security perspective. I only included the stuff necessary to show the 4 years experience as it pertains to the domains.
  • Options
    ougijoeougijoe Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    mnetwork wrote: »
    So, you only put the security related items on the form?

Correct. Your endorser should only send in your form as well. If ISC2 needs more information than what's on the form, you'll be the first to know!
  • Options
    ougijoe wrote: »
    Correct. Your endorser should only send in your form as well. If ISC2 needs more information than what's on the form, you'll be the first to know!

So the resume doesn't get passed onto ISC2? Just the form?
  • Options
    renacidorenacido Member Posts: 387 ■■■■□□□□□□
    mnetwork wrote: »
    So the resume doesn't get passed onto ISC2? Just the form?

If you have an endorser, just the form. If you need ISC2 to endorse you, you need to send a resume.

I sent just the form. And yeah they only care about your experience working in at least 2 of the 8 security domains.
  • Options
    renacidorenacido Member Posts: 387 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you've already passed the exam, keep in mind you have 9 months from the date you were notified that you passed (most people find out pass/fail as soon as they complete the exam). If you don't complete the endorsement within 9 months you can't certify until you retake the exam. icon_shaking.gif Yikes.
  • Options
    renacido wrote: »
    If you've already passed the exam, keep in mind you have 9 months from the date you were notified that you passed (most people find out pass/fail as soon as they complete the exam). If you don't complete the endorsement within 9 months you can't certify until you retake the exam. icon_shaking.gif Yikes.

Yeah, that's why I just want to get my paperwork in now before I lose track of this. I can't imagine having to do this over again.