Options

WGU: approx hours required

zackmaxzackmax Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am just curious how long can I expect these courses to take (I work f/t).

introduction to algorithms
object oriented development
critical thinking and logic
organizational behavior and leadership
principals of management
technical writing
capstone

Approx how many hours each?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    CaiyenneCaiyenne Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Depends on how much prior experience you have in those subjects and how fast you can absorb new material. Each class has a pacing guide that ranges from 6 to 10 weeks (with with about 15 study hours a week) but most students complete them much faster.
  • Options
    plopbangcrashplopbangcrash Member Posts: 74 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Tech Writing is about a day or 2 to get the subject approval ( I just submitted the introduction for the Tech Writing Proposal to the course mentors to get my subject approved) after that it depends on your writing skills. They have updated the rubric to be very specific about what is required and they have released a template to copy paste into to meet the guidelines. Most people I have talked with finished theirs in 1-2 weekends but it is definitely possible to complete in 1 weekend. My pass from Taskstream came back in about 2 days.

Capstone is basically a minimal re-write of the Tech Writing with about 10-12 more pages added . Change some parts to pass tense , expand upon your methodology , go over the timeline and review how well the project went and it's effect on the future. Most people also bang this out in 1-2 weekends. Follow the course example and the rubric grading sheet exactly and you should pass right through.