Options

Passed 801!

scottishkiwiscottishkiwi Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just out of the exam.. passed with a score of 874.

Most of it was very straight forward and simple for me, only took me 25 minutes and I was confident enough with my first answers that I didn't have to back to review anything.

I studied 2 days for this using the Professor Messer videos but I must point out to any newbies that I had 4 years of laptop diagnosis and repair between 2008-2011 so the exam was pretty much written for me! :)

I have 802 scheduled for Wednesday.. I'm confident that will go fine also although I looked at the objectives and I will definitely need to go over things such as the difference between features/requirement for each version of windows (i.e. XP requiring a 233MHz CPU and 64MB Ram etc... why would you really need to know this?). Perhaps this wont come up but seems kind of pointless, particularly today but even 5 years ago wasn't a real concern.

I read 802 has a lot of command line questions, I'm pretty au fait with most of those they mention however a few of the flags for nbstat etc. I may need to revise.. but I don't see much time needed on this. I'm going to have the weekend to myself and then watch the Prof Messer videos for 802 over Mon/Tues to prep me for Wednesday morning.
2016 : CompTIA Network+ (Jan) [X], CompTIA Storage+ (Jan) [X], CompTIA Security+ (Feb) [X], Cisco ICND1 (Feb) [X], MS 70-410 (Mar) [X], Cisco ICND2 (Mar) [X], Juniper JNCIA-Junos (Apr) [ ], Amazon AWS CSA (Apr) [ ], VMWare VCP-DCV (May) [X], MS 70-409 (May) [X], MS 70-411+412 (May) [ ]
2015 : ITIL Foundations (Dec) [X], PRINCE2 Foundation (Dec) [X], CompTIA A+ (Dec) [X]

Comments

• Options
    4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    Congrats! I had took the A+ a few years ago, but I recently let it expire. I just enrolled in a Bachelors degree program at WGU and will have to take the A+ exams in January. I've been brushing up on the material and am surprised at how much I remember :D

What test is next on your list after the 802?
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

• Options
    scottishkiwiscottishkiwi Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks. Next up is Network+ and Storage+... I will study for both at the same time but due to the retirement of Storage+ on 15th Jan I will sit the exam on the final day (and hope I pass since it will be the last chance!).. N+ exam I will sit sometime in the last 2 weeks of January and if all goes well with those then I will move onto VMWare and AWS.
    2016 : CompTIA Network+ (Jan) [X], CompTIA Storage+ (Jan) [X], CompTIA Security+ (Feb) [X], Cisco ICND1 (Feb) [X], MS 70-410 (Mar) [X], Cisco ICND2 (Mar) [X], Juniper JNCIA-Junos (Apr) [ ], Amazon AWS CSA (Apr) [ ], VMWare VCP-DCV (May) [X], MS 70-409 (May) [X], MS 70-411+412 (May) [ ]
    2015 : ITIL Foundations (Dec) [X], PRINCE2 Foundation (Dec) [X], CompTIA A+ (Dec) [X]