kruzkruz Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
hey guys
im just about to get my A+ and net+
im gliding through pretty easily
im only 16 but ive been into computers for awhile

correct me if im wrong but
couldnt i get my MCSE if I
first
got MCP(70-270, windows xp pro)A+/Net+ for elec.
MCSA (windows 2000 professional, windows 2000 server) A+/net+ eletc.
MCSE(windows 2003 server)(windows 2003 something?)security+ eletc.

would that be a decent path? im just trying to get a path
and then to stick with it

and my goal is to not be a "paper a+, paper net+"
thats why i get as much hands on as possible

thanx for all the info
great community!
a+ certified
planned path:
2. Network+(taking this friday the 14th
4.CCNA(cisco net associate)
3. MCP(Winxp Cert)
5.MCSA
6.Lpi
7.MCSE
8.Lpi LPIC-2

Comments

• eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
  • jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    Those are big steps ...make sure you know the information before you move on....
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • zenboyzenboy Member Posts: 196
    I would suggest that you get the A+, Network+, MCSA (using Comptia credits), and then MCSE in this order. At 16 and young, getting too much certs without experiences could hinder you; IMHO. You have plenty of time to accomplish these certs in the future. I would suggest that you concentrate on getting your college bachelor degree first to give you an edge over others when it comes for the employers to make a decision. Many of the jobs nowaday are asking for at least a bachelor degree. Certifications change from time to time to meet the industry's standard; and you have to re-certified; thus wasting your hard effort. On the other hand, you only need to get your college degree once and it is valid for life. Once you have accomplish the college degree, you could then get a job and concentrate on the most current certification at that time, without having any regret.
    At 33 and married, it is hard for me to get a job in IT after being off from it for over 4 years (had been in IT for over 7 years) without a college degree. The position I'm currently looking for is sys admin, but they are asking for at least an MCSE and/or a bachelor degree with experience. Experience and Comptia A+/N+ certs I have, but no college degree and no MCSE. I'm currently are going back to college in the daytime, and getting a night job in the evening to make ends meet. If only I had known earlier how easier it would have been if I had followed those good advices others had given me about college, I wouldn't be in this situation right now (this could be your path if you don't plan correctly; you will have to face the consequences later on). I would love to be at your age right now and start in the right path.
    "In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few" - S.Suzuki
  • kruzkruz Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    honestly guys
    the a+ and net+
    i didnt exactly just read a book, learn the info and take the test
    aka paper certifications
    ive been into computers forever, way to much for a 16 year old and below haha

and ive used all of these operating systems, and have been managing servers for my webhosting company since i wuz 14??
    so 2 years of pretty good server technology, managing structers, user groups, multiple protocol envirnment......etc

but thank you for the information
    it helps So much
    any other information would be greatly appreciated
    that is the reason im here :D
    a+ certified
    planned path:
    2. Network+(taking this friday the 14th
    4.CCNA(cisco net associate)
    3. MCP(Winxp Cert)
    5.MCSA
    6.Lpi
    7.MCSE
    8.Lpi LPIC-2
  • 12thlevelwarrior12thlevelwarrior Member Posts: 302
    As William's father said to him:

"Your heart is free, have the courage to follow it"...
    Every man dies, not every man really lives.