CBT Nuggets Training, CCENT

mad_rabbitmad_rabbit Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just curious, is there anyone familiar with the Jeremy Ciora's CCENT series? Anyone that can tell me whether or not it's organized in such a way that if followed, can cover the topics the CCENT exam covers pretty well? I've been focusing on those videos for most of my studying, worried that I might rely too much on them. I have other material, the "31 Days Before CCENT" book, and still have access to my netacad course. Always learn better through videos like CBT Nuggets does, though.

Comments

• danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think Jeremy Ciora is great, he simplifies concepts which make it easier to understand. You should always use multiple sources of training so you will be well rounded for the exam. I also am enrolled in the netacad courses through my university. I plan to take the full CCNA because I rather that than two bourgeois tests. Good luck on your CCENT.
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • SegoviaSegovia Member Posts: 119
    Yes they are very good videos. But you should use multiple sources for studying. Also try to get lots of hands on with cisco equipment or simulators.

Good luck!
    WGU BS - IT Security ... Enrollment Date 10/15 ... Progress 45/124 CU {36%}
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I liked the videos, I'd recommend having a lab setup while watching the videos so you can practice what they are going over right when they are doing it.

Very good instructor on those videos!
  • steele84steele84 Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I feel as if the cbt course is "somewhat" aligned with the Odem book. If someone who was new to cisco or networking I would suggest hitting the video series, as he makes it comfortable and fun. But I also feel to get a deeper knowledge you should go back and read a book after. The video series will defiantly help you understand the content better that just reading the book. My 2 cents.
    “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson