Options

Do you frame your certs, or do you hide them in a drawer?

13»

Comments

• Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    In the drawer... I need to put my CCIE plaque up on the wall just not got around to it yet. (Reasons)
  • Options
    bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I framed my first couple but just keep them in those plastic sleeve things in a 3-ring binder now.
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • Options
    joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    To add to my original answer, back when I got my first few certs (more than a decade ago :/ ) I did frame a few, including getting my CNE 6 matted and framed properly, as it was by far the hardest test I'd taken at the time.

These days, they're all in a folder in my file cabinet. CCIE will be hung proudly over desk though, and I'll likely get the numbers tattooed on my arm. :P
  • Options
    Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    They're in a storage cabinet out of sight. When I get my degree I'll probably frame it.
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
  • Options
    spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I used to keep them in a binder as well as digital copies on my PC, but within the last couple of years I've constantly been asked to provide copies (both hard copy and digital scans) for work. I can never find the hard copies because my computer room looks like a tornado ran through it then backed up and ran through it again icon_lol.gif My computer is worse. I don't know what my desktop wallpaper is because of all of the files I keep on my desktop. Oh and did I mention I don't rename the files (so they're probably all named scan001, scan002, etc.) So now I have framed and hung my certs just so I can get to them quickly. icon_redface.gif

*edit* forgot to mention that it's gotten significantly easier to hang certs. I've had several Cisco certs lapse so it's really CISSP that's on the wall nowadays. Hoping to add 1 or 2 new ones in 2016! */edit*
    Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!
  • Options
    Brain-DBrain-D Member Posts: 134
    My certs are in a drawer somewhere but I will framed them soon...
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    At my last job, we were a very small company and it was tough to keep up our Microsoft and Cisco partnership requirements. So we framed and hung our certs as extra motivation to the junior guys working on something.

At my current job, most everyone has what they need, so all those nicely framed certs of mine are stacked up somewhere in my lab in the basement.
  • Options
    Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Great way to motivate others.
    The few training centers I went to also hang their instructor's certs on the wall.
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Have no need to create what has been referred to as an: "I love ME wall".

Scattered throughout the storage areas of the house and forgotten.

- b/eads