Options

Side-Effects of Hard Work

As you guys may know, I enter the Security realm approx. 8 months ago and it rocks. I started as a SOC analyst and now have been recently promoted to a position that borders consulting. Here's my issue. I initially expressed interest for this specific team only to lend a helping hand. What I am finding is a few guys who are afraid to sweat and this has ultimately catapulted me into a new position I wasn't expecting.icon_surprised.gif Ideally, this is not the natural course in which I've would of taken career path wise, but I do not want to miss out on the experience. Furthermore, my superiors highly respect my work ethic and I get the feeling to be somewhat of a saving grace in certain situations. For those of you who have been in this predicament, how do you manageicon_confused.gif:

Comments

• Options
    ratbuddyratbuddy Member Posts: 665
    What's the problem?
  • Options
    MagnumOpusMagnumOpus Member Posts: 107
    Apologies for the lack of clarification. Ultimately the issue is being the go-to guy filling multiple voids due to individuals lacking the initiative to step-up.
  • Options
    FlyOnTheWallFlyOnTheWall Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    That is good. Keep doing what you're doing, continue working hard, studying, and improving. Just don't get cocky about being the guy people go to, there is always more to learn. :)
  • Options
    That is good. Keep doing what you're doing, continue working hard, studying, and improving. Just don't get cocky about being the guy people go to, there is always more to learn. icon_smile.gif

Indeed, but it's only a matter of time before I reach the burn-out phase from being pulled in multiple directions. I guess I should do myself a favor and accept this as the new corporate norm.
  • Options
    alias454alias454 Member Posts: 648 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Learn to say no. Saying no can be one of the toughest things to do. Also, a lot of IT work is just like working in a factory, automate and delegate if you can. After that Prioritizing the most important things and getting them done will alleviate a lot of stress.

Congrats on your new job.
    “I do not seek answers, but rather to understand the question.”
  • Options
    alias454 wrote: »
    Learn to say no. Saying no can be one of the toughest things to do. Also, a lot of IT work is just like working in a factory, automate and delegate if you can. After that Prioritizing the most important things and getting them done will alleviate a lot of stress.

Congrats on your new job.

You're spot on Alias. Thanks for your insight.