Options

How much money have you spend to get your digits?

2»

Comments

• Options
    joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    No Cisco 360 options for Data center track, at least not last I checked.
  • Options
    Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    @SeekBytes I mostly use unetlab these days but sometimes GNS3 if the images are not supported.
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • Options
    DPGDPG Member Posts: 780 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I think the more interesting question is: How much time did it take to get your digits?

I doubt that money for the average CCIE candidate is major barrier. You would think that one would have a decent income and/or an employer willing to foot the bill.
  • Options
    BardlebeeBardlebee Member Posts: 264 ■■■□□□□□□□
    DPG wrote: »
    I think the more interesting question is: How much time did it take to get your digits?

I doubt that money for the average CCIE candidate is major barrier. You would think that one would have a decent income and/or an employer willing to foot the bill.

I think the reason why there are so few CCIE's, among others of course, is that most people when they get their CCNP and know their stuff, they are already making quite a bit of money, so if they are not interested in becoming the best of the best at their craft, they are happy at that. Certainly could get a six figure job with good experience and in important fields, etc. So yeah I agree, I think time is a bigger barrier.

For me, taking my written twice I didn't care about the 400 dollar hit every time. I cared about the two week wait time.
  • Options
    Marv_Bx_718Marv_Bx_718 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Bardlebee wrote: »
    I think the reason why there are so few CCIE's, among others of course, is that most people when they get their CCNP and know their stuff, they are already making quite a bit of money, so if they are not interested in becoming the best of the best at their craft, they are happy at that. Certainly could get a six figure job with good experience and in important fields, etc. So yeah I agree, I think time is a bigger barrier.

For me, taking my written twice I didn't care about the 400 dollar hit every time. I cared about the two week wait time.

That last line right there summed it up for me, I didn't care about the $400 hit both times for my CCIE written DC exam, I cared about the wait time, each time i was within 20 points of passing.
  • Options
    silver145silver145 Member Posts: 265 ■■□□□□□□□□
    for lab rental/books and ccie written it cost me about £1500 of my own, Lab/Training courses/Hotel etc all paid for by employer.

Reason i did it: was 26 at the time and unless you have "10 years experience" no one wanted to give you the time of day, even though you could perform without the plaque, got the title, went contracting. Simples :)