Options

Getting that first IT job

rocky2014rocky2014 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi all
I'm new to this forum ,but can anyone help me with this? I am currently studying towards CompTIA a+, in fact I have pretty much finished with the study and are looking to book my test in the coming weeks. So my question is- Is it possible after gaining this cert and with not much previous experience to get some sort of tech/desktop support job?

I welcome any suggestions.

Comments

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It is definitely possible!! I highly recommend trying to gain some experience from internships or from volunteering at churches/non-profit organizations in the meantime while you search for your first job. You will have a better foundation to supplement your certs and prior knowledge. Your resume will look much more presentable as well with some experience on it. Another tip when interviewing is to make sure you show your drive, passion, and determination as your personality can help you shine above the others.

My personal experience getting my first IT job included acquiring my Associate's degree and A+ certification. I also did an internship before I graduated to gain experience and add something to my resume outside of school credentials. I would also recommend being open to contract opportunities as well when first starting out. You will get exposed to many different types of environments and learn what you like and don't like. It also helps you develop your soft skills as well interacting with different types of people and personalities.

Certs+degree+experience = IT Success!!

If you have any questions feel free to PM me and I would be happy to help. Wishing you the best of luck in your endeavors and journey!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63