Cbtnuggets vs ipexpert

davidb1davidb1 Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
Who has the best Videos?

Comments

• IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    For which track? If you're talking CCIE R&S and it's between those two, I'd say IPX
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • davidb1davidb1 Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes, it is CCIE R&S
  • lrblrb Member Posts: 526
    I used INE for my R&S studies and they were really good. The R&S Advanced Technolgies Class videos by Brian McGahan are top notch and the workbook is very thorough. You won't see anything in the lab that isn't covered by those workbooks.

I haven't seen anything from CBT nuggets but from what I have seen from IPX they seem pretty good for R&S too. I have the VoDs for DC and Security and they are awesome.
  • bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
    davidb1 wrote: »
    Who has the best Videos?

I can speak from experience I had (up to yesterday) accounts for both and I can say that CBT Nuggets is great for 'refreshing knowledge' and brushing up on a few things. However, IPExpert is really informative and hits the topics hard, I used their videos for my DC training and it goes easily above and beyond what CBT videos do!

Are you thinking about a subscription then?
    2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]
    I will subscribe to IPX this week. Right now I am re-reeading Cisco V5.0 vol 1 book.
  • DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    INE is probably the best put together, but cost $1000+ a year for membership.
    No disrespect to INE, but their training never sticks to me. I do learn better with CBT, but if IPX is a equilibrium, I am willing to try them out. Also, they're bootcampe seems pretty good. One of my friends passed first time up using them.
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    davidb1 wrote: »
    No disrespect to INE, but their training never sticks to me. I do learn better with CBT, but if IPX is a equilibrium, I am willing to try them out. Also, they're bootcampe seems pretty good. One of my friends passed first time up using them.

I felt the same way about their material with the CCIE Data Center. I'll probably watch their videos for R&S since I have a free membership through work but I purchased IPExpert videos and workbooks as well as the Micronics workbooks. I think I start to get really burned out of the lack of editing that sometimes happens with INE's videos and that makes it hard for me to pay attention when I'm watching 30-50 minutes of L2/L3 tshooting until we're back on topic. Some people have recommended that I check out the IPX archived material because Marko was really good. Apparently there's some really GREAT OSPF and Multicast lecture that I have been told I need to watch by Marko. As far as the most recent IPX videos, no comment since I haven't watched them yet or heard anything.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    There are a few IPExpert videos with Marko in on Youtube, and he was a fine trainer.
  • SeekBytesSeekBytes Member Posts: 143
    I wonder if he's more Network Engineer or Aviator :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMr5f5i3NTA
  • SeekBytesSeekBytes Member Posts: 143
    I found out that he works for Google as Network Engineer.

https://markom.rs/markom-resume.pdf