Options

I'm curious to some of your opinions, what would you put in a DMZ?

danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
What would you guys put in your DMZ? For example, Spam Filter, Firewalls, IDS, IPS, Proxy Server, etc. I'd like to know your guys/girls opinions on this, particularly, what would you put first, second.
I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None

Comments

• Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    danny069 wrote: »
    What would you guys put in your DMZ? For example, Spam Filter, Firewalls, IDS, IPS, Proxy Server, etc. I'd like to know your guys/girls opinions on this, particularly, what would you put first, second.

You have a pretty good list there. You can add some bastion hosts too, smtp or a dns server as well.
  • Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Web Servers, SMTP inbound
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Anything that is internet facing. Firewall first, IPS next followed by the rest.
  • Options
    joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    What Mike said. Internet denizens should never access anything outside of the DMZ. So any system that is directly accessed by people on the Internet (Email, SFTP, web apps, etc) should all be in the DMZ and have a firewall and IPS between itself and your core network resources. Direct NAT into your core network from the Internet is asking for a breach.
  • Options
    systemstechsystemstech Member Posts: 120
    Web and email servers. Possibly a DSS server as well if you just want it public facing.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    My domain controllers and CA (drop mike).
  • Options
    Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Read only domain controllers if possible. Anyway, where and what to place can be a infosec exam question
  • Options
    Kai123Kai123 Member Posts: 364 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What about a honeypot?