Options

GSEC Sec+ Questions

siderealprexsiderealprex Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello people. I have a simple question. If you take the GSEC SANS course, but would like to also test for sec+. Does the GSEC cover most if not all the sec+ would cover?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    TongyTongy Member Posts: 234
    Although both are considered foundation certs, GSEC (from what I hear) is more comprehensive and covers more things in more depth... Sec+ has the basics covered. SSCP is along the same lines.
  • Options
    siderealprexsiderealprex Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the info.. Sec+ is more widely known but GSEC is a bit more in depth and I can get more from their training as a foundation. I was just wondering whether studying for GSEC would provide me the tools to pass the sec+ exams.. Irregardless, I am also looking at professor messer's sec 401+ on youtube at the moment.
  • Options
    TongyTongy Member Posts: 234
    Sec+ should relatively straight forward after GSEC.

I am doing GSEC training this year but won't be taking the exam, for two reasons. Firstly, the cost and secondly, I see it adding no more value in Infosec than the certs that I currently hold.

I've not heard anyone complain about the content of the course and its associated materials.... It's only the cost that appears to upset people (I'm not paying for mine!) :)