Options

CCNA Security - Packet Tracer Enough?

Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
Hey guys,

Been 4-5 years since i really looked at Cisco. A buddy is prepping for an entry level security job he's interviewing for next week. So we're gonna bootcamp the CCNA Security material. I figure good review for me and all.

So the question is, I see Packtet Tracer has a ASA now days. Is that enough to do say 80% of what we'll see in a CBTNugget series for CCNA Security?

Second question, I have my old CCNA Security lab manual from 6 years ago or so. Still valid enough for learning purposes? We're not planning on certifying. Just a study session.
-Daniel

Comments

• Options
    AMD4EVERAMD4EVER Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm probably not the most qualified to respond since I haven't done the CBTNuggets but I am in a similar situation to you where I passed my CCNA years ago and am doing CCNA Security and it feels entirely like a refresher. Packet Tracer has the ASA but it doesn't like you use ADSM which I'm guessing amounts to at least 20% of what CBTNuggets will cover. I hear that ADSM is a big deal on the test and am disappointed that I won't be able to do any hands on with it and will just need to learn from videos.

As far as the study material, I would guess that it will be fine using old material because the security principles don't change that much. As for studying for the 210-260, I don't think it would be good enough.
  • Options
    NVLadyNVLady Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Check out this article that outlines the new exam. Based on my experience, it's right on.

https://www.packet6.com/ccna-security-210-260/