Outlook 2010 calendar issue

Hi

Can anyone please help if they know of this issue

Link to what I found on the web is exactly the same issue I am trying to resolve

Outlook Calendar View Blank - Microsoft Community

Struggling to find an answer here...

Please help!

Cheers

Lee

Comments

• scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Is this for work or home? On a network? Have you tried on another profile?
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Have you tried resetting the calendar view settings to default? Steps to try:
    -Open Outlook and click the Calendar
    -Click View > Reset View

I wrote these steps from Outlook 2013, but I think it's slightly different for 2010.
  • Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    Sorry for lack of info, this is work network,

Re-created profile on laptop, didnt work, planned for re-image of laptop so user found temp PC, created profile on PC same issue so scrapped plans to re-image laptop,

Reset view hasnt worked, i ran this in Run - outlook.exe /resetviews

Not much can be found on the internet about this issue only the link in the op which is exactly what my user is experiencing, that forum offers no resolution

I have emailed the user advising to power off the iPhone for some time and then to try Outlook again and see if there is any change, waiting to hear back with an update,

I am thinking this will be due to having email access on iPhone,
    I don't 'think' that having email access on iphone has anything to do with it. But, during the troubleshooting process it is good to look at everything. They are able to access everything else? email etc? Is the calendar checked off to access?
    I have not had access to the iPhone I just know she has one configured for email access and the op in the link also mentioned having an iPhone too,

It is a bit odd that in calendar view all entries disappear but in list view they all show?? Don't know what direction to take this in
    Is she able to see the calendar on her iphone?
    Yes I believe so,
    Has she powered off the phone or signed out of outlook on her iphone?
    That's what I have asked her to do via email as she works out the office a lot, soon as I have that tested i will report back what has happened,

Cheers for your help,
  • iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    What do things look like from OWA? That should help you narrow down where it is occurring.
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
    Owa looked OK, albeit a more basic layout it still showed all calendar entries
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I had a similar issue with outlook, not exactly the same buy very similar where I couldnt view the meeting dates. Solved the issue by disabling any plug-ins or add-ons. Maybe you want to try that, then restart outlook and see if anything changes.
  • BornToBeMildBornToBeMild Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    According to this MS doc, the correct command line switch to reset calendar views is /cleanviews. Resetviews isn't there. I believe the view is stored in the mailbox which is why recreating the profile doesn't fix it.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Command-line-switches-for-Outlook-2010-ce2b9143-ceca-48ac-bffc-c3059a4c5919?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US
    I did try the /cleanviews command but that didn't resolve,

I have however found out a few more things, created a PST and added a Calendar, in list view I copied all entries and pasted them into this new calendar, switched the test calendar into Calendar view and they all showed.

I then had them both side by side, one displaying nothing, the test showing all entries, this is in calendar view, I dragged an appointment from test into the original and then everything displayed, closed Outlook then tried again but it seemed I could only repeat this step when in week view and not in day view, which is very bizarre

Once week view is selected and an appointment is dragged over is displays all entries every time, soon as Mail is selected then Calendar they are all gone, but test calendar displays all of the time.

We can only assume that this mailbox is corrupt and we will be creating a new one on the exchange,