Options

Employer's Verification Seciton: Application form CISM

sbilalsbilal Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi All

I am filling the CISM application form and i am in Employer's verification section of the form. Please guide me who can fill this section? My Manager or my colleague who should be himself a CISM.

Please guide me

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Dan-in-MDDan-in-MD Member Posts: 52 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It says employer, so it could be either, but if it's a colleague, they cannot check the box for a supervisory relationship. A verifier that also served as your supervisor is the strongest to include and probably the least likely to be audited.

For my CISA (submitted last Aug), I had my former employer's Deputy CIO/CISO (who was my supervisor) who is also a CGEIT and CISA do my verification.I also stapled her business card to the form. I worked there for 5 1/2 years, so I didn't need to verify other experience. For next June's CISM, I'll also have my CISSP and CISA to reference.

I lined up the verification before signing up to take the exam. No way was I going to risk investing all that time and money only to include a so-so verifier. This is a key reason why you never burn bridges and why I worked to help my previous employer for six months after I left. Granted, I have a great deal of respect for my verifier.