Total number of CCNA's

pally_21pally_21 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi

i was just wondering how many CCNA there are in total around the world

thanks

Comments

• Options
    JiggsawwJiggsaww Member Posts: 195
    well am one for sure...icon_lol.gif.......cisco have a counter up but i think it's only for CCIE's
  • Options
    ArturasjArturasj Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Abouttwo years ago, somebody posted two links here. One with total numbers of cisco and one with microsoft certified people. I remember at the time there was only about 400 MCSEs on 2003. I tried searching for the topic but I couldn't find it.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    That was surely when the MCSE 2003 was very, very, very new.

As for the original question, I haven't seen the answer after being involved in IT certifcation over the past 7 years or so, but the question is quite common. I doubt Cisco ever publicly specified the number of individuals per certification. The total number of issued Cisco 'certifications' (not individuals) is over 600,000 (source), and includes expired certs. Most of the individuals to which these certs are issue are a CCNA at the least.

Based on those stats, if I'd have to make a wild guess, I'd say the average cert per individual is around 2, leaving 300K individuals, of which about a half are issued a CCNA cert, leaving 150k, of which about a quarter is expired, leaving over 110,000 CCNA certified individuals. Again, just a wild educated guess, could just as well be 100k more.
  • Options
    shazzamshazzam Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Nice projections johan. Glad I am one of the 110,000 CCNA.
    Aim for the moon, if you miss you'll be among the stars!